Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default recommended tablet

I know this is rather subjective but can anyone direct me to some suggested tablets? I have a small tablet that works fine that I picked up for about $70 but the tablet itself seems too small (I am constantly running out of space and resetting the stylus position which I find real annoying). That may be the issue...the size of the tablet rather than the manufacturer. Anyway I would like to get some feedback on what to look for. Thanks guys!

Default Re: recommended tablet

Lot's of threads on tablets over the years, check some out.

http://tinyurl.com/24xx2yr

Question Re: recommended tablet

GCFL,

While I don't have a tablet and can't really make any recommendations to you for choosing a new one, it may help others to know the model and size of the tablet you're currently using. Additionally, what's the minimum active area size on a new tablet that you think you could work in without having to constantly reset the stylus?

Just looking to 'narrow the field' a bit,
    Harry

I am out of town so don't have it in front of me but the drawing space is no larger than 4x5 (approximate). I do not have any presconception on what would work but if their is a general concensus I would take a look. Basically I do not know what I do not know so I do not know what to ask..you know?

In terms of other discussions, I will check them out. I looked prior to posting but frankly not much came up. Thanks much.

The reason your running out of space is that your tablet is most likely in mouse mode. If your running Windows look in the control panel for tablet settings and set the tablet to run in tablet mode and that should fix the problem.

the size of the tablet is a personal thing - it has more to do with how you actually draw - for example if you draw fast you may find a bigger tablet better as you get more control of the stroke

You should not need to reset your cursor position provided you are in pen/tablet mode, as Mike has said
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bailey View Post
    The reason your running out of space is that your tablet is most likely in mouse mode. If your running Windows look in the control panel for tablet settings and set the tablet to run in tablet mode and that should fix the problem.
    ah...this is good. I will check that. Thanks and thanks to everyone else here...very helpful.

Thumbs up Re: recommended tablet

Why not try hanvon graphics tablet? I have used it for 2 years. It's good in quality. Both my friend and I use tablet of this brand.