Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

xdp6 Re: Complaints are the most important!

Don't get me wrong... I absolutely love my Xara Design Pro 6 and I use it extensively to make graphics that I then animate inside of After Effects. It's more fun to work with than Illustrator and easier to navigate and do design work. I also use it exclusively for my fliers, brochures, etc.

But I'm also a web designer. I own the Adobe CS5 Master Suite and have access to the latest Dreamweaver offering, but for most designs I find myself creating in WD6 because it is faster. I have recently discovered and started playing around with Web Designer 7. One of the absolute coolest things about WB7 is their exhaustive list of Javascript extensions that can be dragged to the page from the toolbox for instant photo galleries, and really cool navigational features (the list of extensions goes on and on.) All of this can be accomplished without having to create a <head> placeholder as all of the needed code is built into the extension and placed in the page code for you (including any external files needed.) You place it on the page and get an instant preview inside of any installed browser. As a matter of fact I've noticed that almost every single web design program out there gives you this feature (except for Xara.) There is even an extension builder that you can download to create your own extensions, and then on their forum, uses delightfully share their creations with other users. What a cool community of WB7 users.

I guess that I just love Xara so much that I want to see them be the top in the WYSIWYG design business. Their program is amazing, I just want to make it the best! Too bad I'm not a programmer...
    Last edited by Pixelpusher; 31 July 2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: spelling