Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Web Designer 6 or Designer Pro 6

Hi,

Thanks everyone. I have been holiday so I have only just gone back on line.

It sounds like I can ditch Web Designer 6 and go over to Designer 6.

I made a website up for someone so he could see Webdesigner 6 working. He was so impressed he has bought it. How do I transfer the files to him for him to have them on his computer, so we don't have to build the site from scratch.

Along the same lines. If I buy Designer 6 and give up on Web Designer 6, which has been the whole point of this thread, how do I make the transition and keep the existing site I have built without starting from scratch?

Web Designer 6 converts the files to html, I understand that and know where they live. But where are the files prior to conversion? I presume these are the ones both he and I need if we are to avoid having to start building our sites from scratch. Or is there some way to do this using the html files?

Ken

Designer Pro 6 is fully compatible with Web Designer 6 in the area of web related features. There will be no need to build anything from the scratch. You can open all of your WD6 documents (.web files) directly in the DP6.
    I'm not sure about your second question though. Which files prior to conversion are you looking for? Your project is obviously a .web file located where you had saved it. It may also be supplemented by the support folder that contains external files (flash files for example if you have embedded them). The support folder has the same name as your design file with "_web_files" suffix added. For example, if your design file is "my_site.web", the support folder would be "my_site_web_files".
    John.

Ken,

You are saving the .web files aren't you?

Please don't tell me that you're exporting the website and not saving the work done beforehand ... Please!

As covoxer said, The only file you need is the .web file you can e-mail it to your friend or open it in either WD6 or XDP6. You don't need to transfer the html files.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.