Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

No 1)

Help bug
    Re: Changing rectangle into ellipse
    Changing curved corners on a rectangle

Help files,under rectangle you get explanation of both functions

However, if you go under rectangle tool, overview and check the above files, you get the same explanations for both of them.

No 2)

Bevel Tool

a) After using it and then pressing undo, the arrows do not disappear,you have to use selector tool to get rid of those arrows
    b)After adjusting the light angle, I get the message "Invalid instruction exception at 0XFEFFF075"

[This message was edited by panfer on October 03, 2000 at 12:37 AM.]

Well it appears that patience pays. While fiddleing with the bevel I got what appeared to be a lock again. I was interupted at that point, when I returned my bevel was waiting for me. With further experimenting and lots of time.I found that is was takeing a little over 2 minutes to apply the bevel, and the same every time I changed it. It also take over 2 minutes now to open the file. For those who may be interested here is a link to the image.<a[URL=http://www.aceydecy.com/images/acdcglas.jpg]a[/URL acdcglas.jpg /a>

Mark

[This message was edited by Mark Hanson on October 03, 2000 at 09:49 AM.]

[This message was edited by Mark Hanson on October 03, 2000 at 09:50 AM.]

[This message was edited by Mark Hanson on October 03, 2000 at 09:52 AM.]

Here is an oldy but goody.... X still won't load with FrontPage2000 loaded. Xara 2 won't load either.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

*The redraw speed of XaraX on simple objects is as fast as it ever has been, anti-aliased/smooth bitmap ( controlled by quality slider) rendering does slow things a little.

*The snowbound problem has been fixed and new downloads from Xara or i-us contain the fix.

Bug issues
    *There is a generic problem with bevel operations on slow/medium speed machines. The various reports about access violations regarding bevels are very likely to be caused by this one problem.

*There are a few peformance bugs in the export dialogue e.g. setting the dpi of a bitmap causes unnecessary bitmap generation

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

but a question for Daniel. Somewhere you mentioned that XARA would be at another show at Olympia - cd. you very kindly post dates. There is no way I'm going to find yr. original posting in the labyrinth of the treeless forum!
    Many thanks,
    Penny

The second show in London that Xara are to be displaying Xara X is called the Webmaster 2000.

It's in Olympia, but given that (a) I'm a web designer and (b) I live 2 miles from Olympia, and that I've not heard of the show except from Xara themselves, I am expecting it to be a piddly little show.

If you went to Internet World 2000 at Earls Court 2 in May, you'll know how I was expecting the Computer Arts show to be in Islington. It was more like a family gathering !

This show is on October 11th to 12th, and you can register at www.itevents.co.uk. I did just that about 3 weeks ago, and haven't heard a peep from anyone in connection with the show since.

The Xara X beta is already out, and the development version is supposed to be out for when the beta expires on October 30th, so I don't see much point in going to the show really. If these itevents.co.uk people actually send the tickets, I might go down if I'm not busy on either of those days, but only then to see if Macromedia have got Ultradev on a special offer [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

edit: I just visited http://www.itevents.co.uk/exhibition...r2000/Visitor/ (click on free seminars) and it says at 11.30am there is a demonstration by Xara on creating web graphics "in no space and less time". Maybe I'll be there after all.

[This message was edited by Daniel on October 03, 2000 at 12:21 PM.]

God, and I thought it was only me having this problem ..

I got used to it over time. But as I am working very much with Xara AND Frontpage2000 it is though disappointing sometimes.

Folks at Xara, this can't be THAT hard to fix !!

Wolfgang

It's a not-very-subtle hint that you should be using Dreamweaver instead of Frontpage [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I welcome the addition of the feathering slider. Unfortunately in its current incarnation you can't really scale anything you've applied it to. When you do, the feathering stays the same amount of pixels wide as when you applied it. I think the tool would be much more useful if its relative effect scaled along with the object. My guess is that it wouldn't be too hard for Xara to incorporate an option to "lock the aspect ratio" of the feathering. I'd really like to see such a feature incorporated in the interface as a little lock button next to the feathering slider.

Ross Macintosh

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

The lack of feather scaling is a bug in the beta, in the release vesion feathering will be scaled when objects to which it is applied are scaled.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd