Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web creation in new versions

Can anyone please clarify for me the web creation differences from Xara Xtreme 5 to Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6?
    It appears from the advertising on the Xara website that you would need to upgrade to Xara Designer Pro 6 to have access to the same facilities. Is this correct?
    After looking at the trial versions, the basic version does not contain web templates that the Pro version does have

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Web creation in new versions

There are no web feature upgrades in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6.

The new features of Web Designer 6 are only available in Designer Pro 6
    Web Templates for WD6 will not be compatible with Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

I have moved your thread out of the Official Guide Book forum as it was the wrong place for your topics.

Ok so there are "no web feature upgrades" in Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6, so is it true that PGD6 contains the same web features as XX5? or have all the web features of XX5 disappeared in PGD6? One of the Xara pages (the comparison one) suggests HTML website creation does not exist in PGD6, so I'm a little confused.

XX5 did fine for most day-to-day web design, which I'm quite happy with, but if its been deleted from PGD6 then maybe WD6 is a better idea if you don't need DP6.

I really dont need any of the bells in DP6 but I would love incremental publishing for websites, which I believe is now in WD6.

Sorry if these seem dumb questions but I've not yet downloaded any of the new software - and agree all might become clear when I do! but I would appreciate some feedback on my above points.
    Alan

Photo & Graphic Designer 6 = No HTML

Here's the important feature comparison differences in a nutshell:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Technically the NO HTML isn't accurate.

The web features of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 6 appear to be those of Xara Xtreme (Standard) 5 and Web Designer 5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xpgd6_web.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	73418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xpgd6_2.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	73419  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ah - thank you Bill thats what I was wondering - but it leaves the comparison page on xara a little inaccurate doesn't it?

As it happens I would like some of the new WD features which now seems there are 2 ways to acquire - either upgrade my WD5 to WD6 or to upgrade from XX5 to DP6.

Since XX5 embodied all that WD had to offer I was always puzzled about the existence of WD as a standalone product ('cept I suppose peeps who only wanted a web creator could opt for it alone) but now WD6 offers a solution to keep up to date with web creation features without having to go to the expense of DP6. But why didn't they just keep the WD content up to date in PGD6?

I suspect a commercial answer coming coz then you wouldn't need to buy WD6
    Alan

I agree. I had to download PGD6 to make certain now.
    The Xara site is misleading.