Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: XWD6 change the Dark Skin to the old Grey Skin

Could it be that people who have switched to the lighter skin then back again are the ones experiencing problems? Just a thought. I haven't changed cos I like the default darkness
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Hi John,

I've made the change back and forth between the dark and light interface. Other than the custom toolbars issue I have not experienced any problem simply because of the change.

This does not mean there are not known issue in both the dark and light interface, simply none caused by making the change.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi Bill

Just wondered. Luckily I've had no problems so far [wish I hadn't said that], but then I haven't customized like I have with XXP.
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Yes Steve, your right I should have mentioned its only a few users experiencing the dark skin problem that results in crashes. After being in contact with Xara I am assured these bugs will be squished
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by neodeist View Post
    I haven't changed cos I like the default darkness
    I grant you, the dark interface does look pretty but I really prefer the light version. Not only because I find that the dark color dominates the website designs too much but also because it gives the option of small buttons allowing optimal customization of the toolbars.
    IP

In XXP6 I'll switch to light for customizing the toolbars - if the situation is the same with the dark skin that is - but I leave "as is" in the WD's
    IP

Default Re: WD6: change the Dark Skin to the old Grey Skin

Start the program, hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S keys to change skin.
    IP

Thank you. Thank you!! Thank you!!!!!!!

I had installed Designer Pro 6 this week ... and was falling into a state of depression over this. I had looked everywhere for a way to change the GUI color scheme (skin?) and could not find a word in the documentation.

Now that I've found this undocumented feature on this forum, a great sense of relief has come over me. Seriously, the dark grey is so dismal on my monitor that I was considering uninstalling and just living with Xara 5.

An observation: I've designed user interfaces for 30 years and I'm forever amazed at how casually an organization can discard a very fine GUI in favor of one that is deemed "new and improved". There are elemental reasons why GUIs have evolved along a fairly standard path. Careful study of the design principles put forth by Edward Tufte and others can largely prevent these kinds of experiments making it into production -- or, if they do, that they are there as an option, not the default.

BTW, the Ctrl...S action did not change the status line on my screen. It remains virutally unreadable. For Xara's sake, I hope they remedy this whole situation before it affects sales, which it surely will. Focus should always be on new and refined features, and not on radical changes to appearance.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Contours View Post
    BTW, the Ctrl...S action did not change the status line on my screen. It remains virutally unreadable.
    Close and then re open the application.
    IP

Nice one! I thought the dark grey was too dark, it's nicer to work with now.
    Cheers.
    Andymac.
    IP