Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Hens and Chicks Stereogram #2

Here is my 2nd stereogram I think I am getting better. For those who are expecting birds, the hens and chicks in the title are a species of succulent plants. The mature plants (the hens) put out babies (the chicks). The repeating background image for this and for my first stereogram is a shot of some hens and chicks in my garden.

And now on with the show!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hen and Chicks Stereogram.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	72533  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Cool Re: Hens and Chicks Stereogram #2

That's kind of wild looking. Thanks for the explanation. Did you want the floating images at the top and bottom of the stereogram to sink into the background like that? You may want to play around and vary the spacing between the objects to see what other 'floating' effects you can come up with.

Nice seamless tile BTW. Did you make it yourself, or did you use a program that did all of the work for you?

You've got the stereographic flower power goin' on,
    Harry

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Hens and Chicks Stereogram #2

Thanks Harry. I started out planning on making the top and bottom row floating but decided that I liked the way they receded into the background, it kind of adds an extra layer of depth.

I used Imagelys Picture Styles to make the seamless tile, but I took the photo myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thumbs up Re: Hens and Chicks Stereogram #2

Works for me, Frances!

I used to use Imagelys Picture Styles to make some seamless tiles. In fact, I've still got a shortcut to it on my desktop somewhere. I quit using the program, sometime in the distant past, and instead favor making my own seamless tiles using Xara Xtreme (of course!). I've been getting better and quicker at it depending on the complexity of the non-seamless source image.

I hope your newsletter recipients enjoy the 3D images you've created with your new found talent.

If the floating objects appear to be behind the image then add a bit of transparency. This will make the background look like a theater scrim and add a bit of magic.

Nice, Frances. Really does look like Hen and Chicks.

Nice job! For me it "popped out" early, was well defined and I did like the added layer of depth. There was no trouble looking around the image.