Great reminders for those new to using Xara! Only point I'd like to add is that it is often far easier to modify an existing template to suit the needs of your project than to create one from scratch. For example, I use Avery's Ink Jet Business Card - print to the edge - stock. (Avery 8373) I use it not only for my business cards, but also for coupons that I prefer to pass out at live workshop or presentation that I do.

Great way to gain free publicity in your area, BTW. Volunteer to do a presentation on something relating to your field to a local computer user group, or similar organization. I do at least 3-4 every year on topics aimed at novice computer users, or on basic photo optimization. When I go, I have two sets of coupons on hand. One that offers $10 off on any service that costs under $100, and another that is my normal 15% discount for new customers who will spend more than $300.

Seeing as TalkGraphics is having a major overhaul, has any thought been given to promotion/marketing discussion? Not just specifics of how we use Xara or other programs, but as that topic would apply to graphic & web page designers. Just wondering...

Irene M. Kraus a.k.a. The Computer Lady!
Graphics & Web Page Design - Design COMP www.design-comp.com
Pres/News Ed/Webmaster - CEBUG www.cebug.org
Author of the Vendor News column for user groups
Program Description - www.cebug.org/vnews.htm