Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A little graphics favour?

I know this is really cheeky to waltz in and request someone nice helping me with this, but well, if you don't ask, you don't get eh!

I am trying (for a very long time) to get the attached dark blue over the top of all the light blue on the other picture including the little bit on the other side of it plus keeping the transparent background.

Can anyone really nice do that for me, if not, could you give me some guidance please?

Thanks
    Olivia x
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attach1.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	71123  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: A little graphics favour?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Olivia.

Since we're being cheeky and asking things, may I ask what software you've been trying to use (for a very long time) to do this? A response from someone on TG will be more appropriate and productive for all involved if we know what software you're using and have available on your computer.

Looking forward to hearing more from you,
    Harry

Welcome to the Forums Olivia,

Please see this post
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...0&postcount=13

Lightbulb Re: A little graphics favour?

As sledger indicates, we're not here to do freebies, Olivia. But, with that said, we'd love to help you create what you're looking for with whatever program you're using. If you've given up with the program you've been using for a long time I suggest you give Xara Xtreme a try! It's relatively easy and FUN. Take a look around at all of the great works posted here on TalkGraphics and you'll see that only your skill and imagination are the limiting factors of the software. Simple drawings such as yours to the complex are all possible with Xtreme. As you can plainly see using your example request...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Olivia - Arrow Sample.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	71127  
    Last edited by HayTay; 02 April 2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Changed & added wording, reduced original graphic size

Sorry, have been trying on Photoshop CS4. Making the blue block overlay the top of light blue is easy, its when it gets to that little bit over the side and the arrow, that's hard.

Gotcha! My Photoshop anything skills are poor to none. I'm sure someone will be along to give you a helping hand before too long, though.

Good luck to you...

P.S. - Maybe sledger can move this thread to the Adobe Software > Adobe Photoshop section of TG to expedite your request for help (hint, hint).

Thanks HayTay, we just cross-posted. I will check out xara Xtreme, I did use it last year so will buy a copy and see if it's easier.

I did open attachment but it crashed my browser, not having a lot of luck on the computer today.

Thanks for your help and sorry for the request. Newbie learnt a lesson!

Any Photoshoppers around to offer some advice please?

I was originally making the dark blue 800px, overlaying it, bringing light arrow to front and erasing round it, then re-bring the dark to front. It doesn't seem to appear to be right (shows some light blue on edges) and all very time consuming.

your dark blue is not a flat blue - it has a gradient [darker/lighter at one end than the other] is this important?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You mean top to bottom? Yes that is how it should be, I was originally just making it 800px wide to overlay. I was trying to find a gradient the same, to make it easier, but can't so was trying to lay that blue over the light.