Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Downloading website back to PC

Does anyone know how to download a website from the internet, as I have lost my website from my PC? fkhusa.com

Default Re: Downloading website back to PC

I dont know if this is possible using the inbuilt ftp of Xara, if it is I am sure someine will chime in and say so.

I would reccomend a standalone ftp programme such as filezilla, simply connect to the relevant folder on your webspace and then you will be able to download it to your local machine.

A word of caution though, if you created the site in xara you will not be able to continue to develop from the files in your web space you will need the original .web or .xar file in order to reload it properly into your Xara software, sadly if you have lost this the only way forward is to redo it.

hope that helps

Chris

Welcome to TalkGraphics Bob

There is no easy way to do this because Xara Xtreme and Xara Web Designer are not HTML editors.

What I would recommend is: Do a screen capture of one of the pages.

Paste this into Web Designer (Ctrl v - Paste Special > Bitmap) and adjust your page size to be the same.

Create a new layer and use the screen capture as a template. Drag and drop your images from the browser onto the desktop, then drag the images from the desktop onto your Web Designer new layer.

Highlight the text in the browser, and paste it into Web Designer and format it to match your template image.

This is labor intensive but it is the only way I know of to rebuild your site.

TIP: Always back up your files.

Another way would be to import graphics from web "CTRL+ALT+W" and re-build from there.

Edit:- I believe you need to type the full url i.e. www.webpage.com/index.htm

Thanks for the tips everyone, I do have adobe web premium and have tried to edit the site with Contribute CS4 and Dreamweaver CS4 but when I get onto the page I want to edit (originally built with Xara Web Designer) all the text is grouped up at the left hand side??
    guess I will do it all again huh, rather be sat out in this Florida sunshine though ha ha!

The wonders of wireless sit out with a cold one and a lappie heaven