Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been studying XaraX in an effort to keep up with all of you. So to kick it up another notch. I signed with LVS Online Class. It's given by Ron Lacey. Start time is March 16. I hope some other newbies join me. $20.00 will get you in the door. Yes I have been studying some of the tutorials listed through out this forum. When you put the money out it forces me to focus harder. I give woodturning classes and enjoy teaching myself. I also took woodworking classes myself in the early years. I'm a senior citizen now, but you are never too old. Hope some others will join me, that's the reason for this post. The LVS site is.
    http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I talked with the folks at LVS about offering advanced classes on their site but the upshot was I would not be able to make enough money to compensate for the amount of time I would need to put in. And of course, this is what the XaraXone Free tutorials are all about.

The fellow doing the Xara classes is offering a beginning class covering the basics and does not feel qualified to offer a more advanced class.

So I guess we can exist peacefully side by side :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary W. Priester:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should hope so! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    There must surely be room in this world for lots of sites extolling the virtues of Xara and providing inspiration and instruction ... wouldn't we all love to see more exposure for X?

And courses are something different, again, from tutorials. I'll put my hand up and say that without the class at LVS, I wouldn't have had the confidence to come and participate in this forum.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The fellow doing the Xara classes is offering a beginning class covering the basics and does not feel qualified to offer a more advanced class.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure where you got that Gary but, my reluctance to do an intermediate XaraX class is based soley on the fact that I don't have the time to give it the attention it deserves. At the moment I do two PSP courses and an Illustrator course at LVS. I'm also in the process of developing an intermediate Illustrator class and a digital photography class and there are only so many hours in the day.

When the owner of LVS came to Sally (my XaraX co-instructor)and me about your interest in doing an intermediate class I told her I could think of no one better qualified to take in on. I've admired your work on the XaraXone for sometime.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure we can. Our ends are the same, the promotion of a great vector graphics application.

Regards
    Ron

The Adventures of Ron and Dave

Great toons Ron, I enjoyed your web site!
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Great toons Ron, I enjoyed your web site! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Bruce you are too kind. Actually, while I designed and maintain that site, the actual cartoons were done by my brother Dave (the real talent in the family)who came up with the idea of a comic strip about our lives growing up in the 60s. I do however maintain my own web site,Ron's Toons,where I display some of my own humble cartoons and photographs.

Regards
    Ron

My brain tends to get a bit addled these days :-)

My primary focus is Xara. I devote about 80% of my time to these conferences and helping spread the word about Xara.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

No apology needed Gary.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My primary focus is Xara. I devote about 80% of my time to these conferences and helping spread the word about Xara. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear you. I hope you can manage to keep up the great work.

Regards
    Ron