Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Web Designer 5.0.2 update

The current URI standard is from 2005, which means that Xare not initially may have used this standard, otherwise I could not have made my website. I wonder which standard they used two WD.
    It is certainly not true to change the conditions for using the program with 5.0.2 update

Xara Xtreme 4 was the first version of the Xtreme family that could export complete HTML websites. It was released in April 2008.

Hi Guys, I am still (after a couple of months) trying to get my head around which software I actually have! The box says Magix xtreme Web Designer 5 and the program reports version number 5.0.107. I try to update but am told that no newer update is available for my program.

Am I in the right forum? I have a supplementary question but I'll try and get this small difficulty out of the way first :-)

Thanks,
    Trev

Hi Trev,

There are two versions of Web Designer. One released by Xara Group Ltd. and one released by MAGIX.

For updates to the MAGIX release I believe you will need to visit the MAGIX site.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Trev I signed into my MAGIX account and did a search for any patches for MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer and it did not return any results.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Trev I signed into my MAGIX account and did a search for any patches for MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer and it did not return any results.
    Thanks Bill, Xara is actually owned by Magix hence my confusion :-) am I in the correct forum for queries about my version? If so, I'll start a separate thread.

Trev this forum is correct. I'm not sure if there are many difference between the Xara and the MAGIX versions of Web Designer.

For Xtreme I know the MAGIX version is the same as the non-Pro Xara version.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Trev if you log into your MAGIX account and go to the Product Support page you can find a link for the upgrade for MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer. The upgrade will make your installed version 5.0.2.10712.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Trev if you log into your MAGIX account and go to the Product Support page you can find a link for the upgrade for MAGIX Xtreme Web Designer. The upgrade will make your installed version 5.0.2.10712.
    Great, thanks Bill I will do that shortly. Meanwhile, off to a new thread for my query :-)

Just for info; I downloaded that update from the Magix site however when I try to run it, the Wise installation prog reports that my version is already up to date (which it isn't as its the original from the disk and reports ver 5.0.10712)
    I have dropped a line to Magix support to see what they have to say. I'll let you know the outcome.
    Thanks, Trev