Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting a Flash Object in page

Hello!

I have made a panoramic picture with 16 photos, I have attached the photos with Arcsoft Panorama Maker 4 and then I have saved a Flash file (about 5 Mb).

I have imported the Flash file with the Placeholder function, but it doesn't work. I see always the created border of Panorama Maker 4, but in the place of the movie appears a red rectangle.

This happens in Preview mode, but also after exporting and publishing the site.

The SWF file instead function very well in stand alone on my PC.

Someone may help me?

Default Re: Inserting a Flash Object in page

I am unfamiliar with Arcsoft Panorama Maker 4 so have no idea what it produces in terms of file output. Often these programs will produce a player.swf and the slideshow.swf along side an .xml and .html file.
    You may only be embedding only the player in your placeholder.

The best thing to do is to check the *.html file which Arcsoft creates and copy the <object code block from there to your placeholder "Replace with HTML code".

If all else fails, post your files in a zip (10mb max) here and someone will help you out.

Thank you sledger!

I have tried all you say, but nothing.
    I have tried also with "Replace with HTML code" in Placeholder in a rectangle, copying the object code in HTML, but nothing, it appears like a white rectangle.

Panorama Maker 4 saves two files, 1 is SWF file (5,27 Mb), 1 is HTML file.
    The curious thing is that if i try on my PC, SWF file works properly, instead HTML file makes the borders of the player but in the center appears a red rectangle. This happens in local on my PC, and also if I export the website, and also publishing the site.

It's a shame because if I can't use SWF files with Xara Web Designer ...

I can't attach the SWF file because is about 5,27 MB, and the thread refuses the file because it's too big.

I don't know ...

Ok ...

I have made the SWF lighter (1,57 Mb).
    In ZIP file attached there are (created with Arcsoft Panorama Maker 4):
    - SWF file
    - HTML file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well your .zip does contain the two files as you said, but there is no panorama image, only the .swf (Arcsoft branded) player.

The htm file also carries a number of lines of NULL characters which it should not.

I suggest you do a fresh export panorama from Arcsoft to a new folder, zip the entire folder and email it to sledger-at-gmail-dot-com for me to have a look.
    Although as mentioned earlier, a zip of 10mb or less is fine here, but it must be a zip.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The htm file also carries a number of lines of NULL characters which it should not.
    No, it's just saved in Unicode.
    Where have got this html from? HTML is supposed to be ASCII not UNICODE.
    John.

For covoxer ...

I don't understand ....
    The HTML file is created with SWF file by the program, Arcsoft Panorama Maker 4.

For sledger ...

The fresh file is the same of the older, and makes the same, so ...

Well in that case Arcsoft appears to be the problem.
    Perhaps Arcsoft have a support forum you could check for troubleshooting their software?