Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Newbie: undo ?

Default Newbie: undo ?

Hi to everyone. I am new to forums and this is my first posting. Forgive me if I mess up.
    Firstly, can I just say how wonderful all your drawings are. I have enjoyed looking through this site.

I am a complete novice, I am self taught on the computer and would now like to learn to draw with xtreme 5 and web build with web designer. I have ordered the guide and await its arrival.

I am playing around with xtreme 5 by trying to design a logo for my non-profit website to be. I put something simple together but I found that when I used the undo button a few times it goes beserk and undo's the lot. What am I doing wrong, is it the software or could it be my computer/mouse sticking? Can anyone help please.

Default Re: Newbie: undo ?

Welcome hollyblue. The undo button is a single click for each undo operation, however you can keep your mouse over it and hold the left key down for multiple undo's.

Try slowing down the action of your mouse clicks in the mouse set up utility.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 20 November 2009 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Incorrect information initially.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi hollyblue

Welcome aboard! You've come to the right place.

One of the neat things about this community and its resources is that, while learning to use Xtreme and its siblings, you can get a great graphics education. Make sure you spend some time on the XaraXone (www.xaraxone.com). Lots of good stuff there. Many of the tutorials and workbooks are on the XaraXone cd that ships with Xtreme. New ones are added every month.

Looking forward to hearing more from you,

Allison

Thank you for the welcome. I will look at my mouse setup. I must say that for a complete novice I find xara easy to understand I just can't put it all together yet. I know I will enjoy learning to use it.
    The tutorials and xarazone are great but the videos make it easier. I'm sure I will have lots of questions to ask in the near future.

It must take you all ages to do such beautiful drawings. How long have some of you spent on them, or is that the same as asking how long is a piece of string?
    Thanks

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Holly, Welcome to TalkGraphics! 2 years ago I was like you a novice at designing graphics. Before I discovered Xara and TG the extent of my graphics design knowledge was putting a few lines of text together with clipart to create simple ads for our small publication. Since then I have learned so much from everyone here at TG and I have created my own website as a companion to the publication, and added a graphic design service to our business! Like Amore said here at TG you can learn from professional graphics designers, and talented digital artists from around the world.

Don't be afraid to post some of your work! And if you need help just ask and you will probably get a few answers and at least 2 or 3 different methods to accomplish any given task!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Welcome to TalkGraphics. I hope your question has been answered and don't be put off by being new with Xtreme as you will very soon be surprising yourself with what you can accomplish.
    Derek