Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am attempting to make an Icon that needs to be antialiased against a specific background so that I can make it a Transparent Moving GIF.

When I attempt to make the background the color I need using the Color Gallery, I see a number of colors to choose from, but no way to enter a custom color (like #272727).

How do I add, insert the color that I want as a background.

I am attempting to make an Icon that needs to be antialiased against a specific background so that I can make it a Transparent Moving GIF.

When I attempt to make the background the color I need using the Color Gallery, I see a number of colors to choose from, but no way to enter a custom color (like #272727).

How do I add, insert the color that I want as a background.

If you open the color editor, you can chose the RBG web/hex color model from the drop down list and input the appropriate number.

Mickie

Using the color editor, you can't select the background to change the color.

Or at least I've not figured out how.

The only way I can change the background for a animiated graphic is the use the Color Gallery which does not appear to have such an option.

Sorry Krelvin, didn't quite know what you meant.
    Draw a square fill it with your background color using the color editor.

Select your square, go to the color gallery and click on new. Name your color. It is now part of the color gallery and you can select it as a background.

Mickie

Another way to set the page background colour is that once you have your colour as a named colour (you can also click on the little yellow label icon in the colour editor menu to create a new named colour), it will appear in the colour line at the bottom of the screen. You can then hold down the Ctrl key and drag the colour onto the page.

There was a thread about transparent animated gifs a while ago. There is a bug that means even though you set your page background colour, the animation will not be antialiased to this colour. The workaround is to set your animation colour properties to optimised palette per frame (frame gallery -- properties button -- Animation Colours). Unfortunately this also has the effect of making the animation larger than if you used a lower setting.

If you want to actually see your background colour in the XaraX document, then use the all frames visible option (the eye icon in the frames gallery). Otherwise XaraX can lose the background colour on screen, although it should still export okay without this.

If you are interested in reading the whole thread here is the link. Animated Gif Trick Thread.

Hope this helps some.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!