Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A little page layout stuff - Damm I love this program!

Personally I would normally resize in Photoshop if using Photoshop and I would resize in Xara if using Xara.

However, when I am resizing several photos to create a photo strip (for a web site) I'd always go into Xara, even if I have prepared the images in Photoshop, because it is easier to shuffle around and resize and put together than using Photoshop layers.
    Tony

No program has it all, it's too bad I have to go out of Xara when I want to scan. I do have Illustrator CS3 with no scanner of images. So I go back and forth with Corel Draw X3 and 4. Xara works quite well taking copies from Corel Draw, but so does Expression 3 which is my fast and easy application for drawing. Then again I'm somewhat of a software junkie. It's too bad upgrades cost so much now days. GT

Quote Originally Posted by georgetroy View Post
    No program has it all, it's too bad I have to go out of Xara when I want to scan.
    I have yet to come across a scanner (Canon, HP, Epson) which does not allow you to either;
    [1] Send the scanned result to a specified application (which you set as Xtreme.exe, obviously)
    or
    [b] has function to scan to clipboard (my HP has a lid button for this), which you then simply paste into Xtreme.

TWAIN is nice, but by no means the end of the world.

cmpan1, for someone who claims of not being a graphic designer - you did a truly awesome job. The document is well and truly professionally layouted.
    Well done.
    It's fun working with xara, couldn't agree more.

PS: as for the content, my first casio keyboard early 80's ( )had an automatic chord function, you hold a chord on the right hand, any melody you play with your left hand automatically adjusts and generates any minor/major chords based on the right hand for you around the melody note. It sounds similar to what your book is about?! I'm just a hobby musician so please excuse me if i'm mixing up what your book is about.
    Last edited by Xcellent; 14 October 2009 at 11:24 PM.

Hey cmpan1, awesome job! I too am interested in your book. Please let me know about it. I teach music, but my skill level is pretty low; thus mostly the younger kids, one-note melodies and a little chords, etc. So I always am learning more...like everything else in life!

By the way, if I can make a suggestion...
    I'd increase the size of your tag line on the cover (Sound like a pro in the least amount of time) just a little. Right now it's barely visible in that thumbnail size, but it's the hook that caught my attention and would catch the attention of your potential buyers, too. That's what we want: to get better. And I wouldn't have looked twice with just the "polychords" part of the title. So if it's slightly larger, it would help draw attention.

Ditto on loving xara AND the people on this forum. I just dropped in to post a question...now I'll go and see if someone answered! bye.

Thanks..... I try... but with Xara, you can let your imagination flourish a bit more because of the simplicity. That simple cover, (as the pros know) are just 3 simple tools. But.... I can name 3 other well known programs that are a real pain in the backside just for that simple cover.....

PS: as for the content, my first casio keyboard early 80's ( )had an automatic chord function, you hold a chord on the right hand, any melody you play with your left hand automatically adjusts and generates any minor/major chords based on the right hand for you around the melody note. It sounds similar to what your book is about?! I'm just a hobby musician so please excuse me if i'm mixing up what your book is about.
    And no, that's not what the book is about, but that's ok, enjoy your music.

Cliff