Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PAINTER and LINE WORK contamination Problem

I am NEW to PAINTER and desire to paint some traditional drawings scanned into the computer. My problem is that when I use the Wand Tool to isolate an area inside an outline, when I try tp paint, the brush and paint color seem to be picking up some of the pixels of my dark outline color and it is contamination my paint color. I have adjusted the wand tool to it's least sensitive setting, but I am still getting contamination from my linework. This may be a LAYERS issue, but I am not sufficiently conversant in LAYERS yet to solve the problem myself. I would apprciate any help in this.
    Thanks you,
    MJB
    IP

Default Re: PAINTER and LINE WORK contamination Problem

Can you tell us or upload a screen shot of your brush type and settings. Different brushes behave in different ways.

Christine
    IP

I am using "Artist's Oils Blender Brush". I want to blend the colors I have PAINTED into a selected area, but I don't want to blend any stray black/grey pixels into the colors I am using.
    MJB
    IP

The best I can suggest without seeing all your brush settings is to do your painting on a separate layer to the sketch, either above the sketch or below it, for the latter you need to change the blend mode of the sketch layer to multiply, also ensure that pick up underlying colour is not checked.

Christine
    IP