Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is it possible to reduce the height of individual background layers?

I want to reduce the height of background layers (which have a default color of black) individually. Some of my pages are long, and some short. Since I have to adjust the size of the background according to the large one, all the remaining backgrounds are adjusted automatically at the same rate. I want to shorten the height of the background layers for small pages.

Is there any control in WD to adjust the height of backgrounds individually?

Thank you.

Default Re: Is it possible to reduce the height of individual background layers?

By 'backgrounds' I'll assume you are meaning the page size (content area) ?

Go to Utilities>>Options>>Page size and uncheck 'all pages in the website the same'

You can then drag-size each page to whatever you fancy

Default Re: Is it possible to reduce the height of individual background layers?

I mean the first layer above which other layers exist. Background is the main layer where the other layers are built on it. Normally it has a black color as default.

Kutay a page has a height and width but a layer does not.

See attached image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page-vs-layer.gif 
Views:	93 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	65613  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If you are using Xtreme 5 (Standard or Pro) if you assign a colour to the page it creates a layer named Page Background. The layer itself is only limited by available memory but there is a rectangle created that is the same size as the page. You can unlock the Page Background layer and adjust the size of the rectangle.

Name:	page-vs-layer-xxp5.gif 
Views:	97 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	65614  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I am afraid I can not explain what I mean
    If we take your attached picture, I am talking about the area where '616x481 41kB GIF' is marked. That base comes as default in XWD when you run the software. When my page has many objects on it then I can easily increase the height of the page just by dragging from the bottom edge. However this results in all the pages to be increased in height simultaneously.

You can have different size pages.

Options menu > Utilities > Page Size tab untick the All pages in the website the same size.

See attached image.

Name:	all-pages-the-same.gif 
Views:	92 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	65615  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili,
    Thanks for your help. When I unticked the box I got what I needed. Now I can separately adjust the sizes of each page depending on the objects inserted in each page.
    Cheers.

Generally it's best to at least follow the answers you get here, you might save a lot of time all 'round.

You're absolutely right, Sledger. I have got many quick and helpful answers here.