Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default White lines through Canon printout

I am getting a very narrow white line on a Canon printouts of photos, using Xara Xtreme Pro 5. It's repeatable; happens each time with this file, at exactly the same place, but no sign of anything on screen. I exported the file to a pdf, and the photos then print out without a flaw. Anyone else experienced similar? I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks.

Default Re: White lines through Canon printout

Try making sure your photo sizes are kept at 'whole pixels'.
    Also change to Windows>>Quality>>High Quality

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whole-pixels-images.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	64171

Sorry for not having posted a response sooner.

Many thanks for that. I was trying to produce some invitations for a 50th birthday party, and the photos of the individual whose birthday it was had the whote lines cutting through them, which spoiled the otherwise positive outcome. Is it a bug, or merely a characteristic? ;-)

Thanks again.

Do you only get this when you print in Xara? Have you tried to print other files? I use Epson printers, and I get that sort of problem when a print head is clogged. Could that be the case with you?
    What's the difference between an Orange? A motorcycle, because a telephone pole doesn't have any doors!

Not a bug.
    When an object's dimensions are set to non whole integers the edge is anti-aliased to fill the pixel space left. This causes the lighter edge.
    Xtreme is primarily a vector illustration package capable of fine detail work even at high zoom levels, unlike bitmap editing applications which work in whole pixels all the time, so you wouldn't see this effect in those programs.