Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Single 4 page spread document?

Hi guys,
    how do i create a document with '2up 2 down' page spread? im trying to make a price list for a barber shop window so it's the length and size of 2 A4 sheets (i only have an A4 printer). I want to print all 4 sheets individually, then stick them together using clear sellotape. The inner bleed margins will therefore have to be 0 so that the text and graphics line up correctly. All help appreciated.

Default Re: Single 4 page spread document?

Hi

one limiting factor here is the printer as not all printers print up to the edge of the page - you can reveal this for your active printer in xtreme with window menu > show print borders

also your printer will need to sheet feed precisely, otherwise slight inaccuracy will show at the joins...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi

one limiting factor here is the printer as not all printers print up to the edge of the page - you can reveal this for your active printer in xtreme with window menu > show print borders

also your printer will need to sheet feed precisely, otherwise slight inaccuracy will show at the joins...
    Yes, the solution lies with the printer. In my case, the Canon, it prints an overlap to enable the sheets to be gummed together. The result is a bit less than A2 size. Any join tends to look unprofessional.

If you have a print shop nearby, an alternative would be to put an A2 size copy into PDF, take it along and get them to print it for you on A2 paper.
    Tony

Go to the print shop. Think what it will be like in 6 months time when the UV light gets at the gum or the tape even though you are accurate. Get UV protected paper and inks ask them to do it in SRA3 (nearly A3+ size) and your sorted and it will cost around £3 or get it vinyl cut not much more expensive and it will last. Take to a vinyl shop would be my recommendation and to change the prices later you could use that A4 printer or get the shop to do it again which would look much more professional.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Red face Double page spread not lining up

Hi,
    ive got a double page spread and im wanting to create a sign notice using two pages and then join together after printing, however when i print them both inner edges of the pages have a white margin not printed on, so i cant line them up at all, without cutting folding etc. How do i make the two pages match up perfectly after printing? Is it called a bleed margin? Please help

Default Re: Double page spread not lining up

Hi

we covered this in your previous thread here, I think:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=40266

this is a printer function first and foremost

click on xtreme menu window> show print borders

if they are within the page area, you can check your printer settings to see if there is an option to print to the edge of the page [be aware this is a most tricky operation to get right at the best of times unless you have professional equipment]

if not then trimming is all you can do - or use another printer - much better to make it all up on one page ,at the right size for a printer to deal with, as Albacore suggested

BTW - basically, a bleed margin is an area that you print larger than what you require so it can be trimmed cleanly - its still trimmed by the printer
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have merged the two threads created by herbiehysteria which are discussing essentially the same thing.

Red face Re: Single 4 page spread document?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Hi

ive done that, but what settings do i need such as 0pix border within file> page options. i think ive got the printer set up okay, but what i want to knoow is how to get the four pages lined up in xara, then maybe export it as a pdf, or shall i just choos a page paper size?
    thanx for the replies

let me stress that if there is any chance of letters or other actual print printing across the join, you are onto a hiding to nothing if you want it to look good - it won't, it will look amateurish [as albacore pointed out - and he's a pro]

[which printer are you using by the way?]

me I'd use a print shop every time, then you can set it up on the larger page size - and they can print it in one piece on the larger size printer..

but if you want to give it a go

first thing - do a test

open an single A4 document in xtreme

place a, no fill, 0.5pt outline, rectangle that is 209.5x296.5mm [0.5mm under A4] so that it fits the page equidistant from the four sides

does it print [on the sides you wish to join]?

if it does not then your printer is not set up for this job
    Nothing lasts forever...

Old Jasc PSP 7 had a superb function to do just what you want - print a large graphic over several pages. It worked and looked very professional when you joined the pages into one large graphic. Not sure what happened in later versions after Coral stuffed up a perfectly nice piece of software.

Try this one. It's Open Source and free. I've found it works very well:

http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,

Dale