I posted this in the Xara Xtreme forum, but then realised I may be more likely to reach someone who can answer here.

I would like to use a 3rd party HTML/Javascript menu in a XX generated website. I've got the concept of using a placeholder to drop in a bit of HTML code, but how would I handle this?

Once you have compiled and linked your menu to your pages, you will need to upload the files to your web server. The files created by AllWebMenus during the compilation phase are:

./menuname.js
./awmdata/ (folder)
./awmdata/dot.gif
./awmdata/ [all awmlibX.js files]
./awmdata/menuname [all image files used by the menu]

where:
./ denotes the current directory
menuname denotes the name you have chosen for the menu when you compiled

All those files have to be uploaded to your web server using your favorite FTP tool. Make sure that the directory structure is kept exactly the same as is displayed here and also pay careful attention in order to keep the case of the files when they are uploaded. You have also to make sure that the files are placed in the same location relative to your HTML files as they are locally, in order for the directories that were automatically set in the AllWebMenus linking section to point to the right structure on your web server.