Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printer Warning Message

I am currently producing a multi page document in Xara and when I come to do a test print, I am getting a warning message "Automatic fit - 1 page partly hidden by print borders" .

Can anybody advise me how to track down the offending page as I cannot see where the problem is for me to rectify?

Thank you, Discover IT

Default Re: Printer Warning Message

You use the Window menu > Show Print Borders to see what objects may be outside the print area for your printer.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Unless your printer is capable of printing off the edge of the page, most are not, there is a slight margin all around your page. If you do what Bill suggests and enable Show Print Borders, you will see what parts of the page are printable and what parts are not.

Another cause of parts of the page being outside the print borders is the use of shadows. So if you're using a shadow anywhere drop the view to wireframe to check the shadow bitmap's not outside the border. Even if it is you'll often find it prints fine as shadow bitmaps tend to cover a far larger area than can be viewed by eye, at least my old eyes.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host