You sir, are a troll, and I present the following evidence to support my claim:

EXHIBIT A
Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
Who is "we"? How can you presume to speak on behalf of anyone but yourself?
The accused then goes on to degrade Apple and anyone who buys their products as if his opinion of MacOS is gospel:

My experience with stability is somewhat different from yours. I've found MacOS to be as likely to crash as Windoze.
How interesting. My experience with XP is that it can freeze at the drop of a hat and that it may blue screen any time you try to plug in new hardware. At one point, I had to reinstall XP once every six months because otherwise it got too bloated and slow. So I've found XP to be utter crap.

IIs it more stable? No, not one little bit. IN fact, in my experience it is far more difficult to resolve stability problems that do arise than any other OS.
In my experience, you have to do bloody guesswork with finding the right .inf file or registry post in XP to resolve a stability problem, which often have such strange names that they're impossible to guess. With Mac, all you do is go into the Preferences folder and delete the appropriately named file and you're done. So again, I've found it to be much simpler to resolve stability problems in OS X.

They thrive on the ignorance and blind loyalty of their user base to perpetuate this myth of superiority. Give me a budget and I will build you a PC that will be superior in every way to a similarly priced Mac.
And after you've built me that PC, can I call you at any hour of the day for the next year and send my PC to you to have all my problems fixed? Perhaps you then instead suggest I buy a Dell which has similar customer support, but then I'd get a computer loaded down with "free" bloatware instead of actual usable things like iPhoto, iMovie and Time Machine.

Oh, and I forgot, you have to build the entire PC into the screen itself.

...the kind of ignorance upon which most base their decision to buy a Mac
Right, because everyone and their grandmother wants to educate themselves about the risks of phising, trojans, botnets, viruses, worms and things which makes an unpatched XP's life expectancy online about 5 seconds, whereas on a Mac you don't even need anti virus software?

So please shut up about MacOS. This thread is not about the merits of Apple products, and you can't convince me that a Windows PC is better with bloody stupid self referencing anecdotes. I responded to your posts to prove how silly this is, and if you respond to mine you'll only have proven it further.

---

Unlike BONES, I've actually read all 19 pages of this thread, and everyone seems to have missed one important thing:

If you look at the OP post, at the project which made him switch from Xara, you will note that it seems to detail quite an intricate document manager for internal handling and evaluation of contracts/projects.

Now, what company does this at such a detail level and needs a database to handle all projects? My bet is a company with millions if not billions in turnover. Now, I doubt that such a company cares if a software costs $250 or $2500. That's peanuts for them. I do, however, think that such a company cares about a 24hr support number and proper support case handling, instead of having to find an obscure 3rd party internet forum and then wait two years or longer for a fix.