Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Please advise on uploading webpage to site

I've created a webpage using Web Designer. I have 2 questions:

(1) What is the best way to upload this page to my website - i.e. is there a function to accomplish this within Web Designer or do I need to upload from site or use a FTP program?

(2) On my website, where do I install the files from my created webpage?

Please excuse me if these are silly questions. I am new to all this.

Thank you for your time.

Default Re: Please advise on uploading webpage to site

Hi,
    You can publish right from Web designer or Xtreme Pro 5, but have little control using built-in FtP program right now. I use a free FTP95.exe program, which you control what does and does not get transferred, a lot use Mozilla FTP (think that right name)it is open source.
    As for where the files go..Xtreme Pro 5 and Web designer create the appropriate folders when exported..just transfer these files to Servers root directory.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    ........ just transfer these files to Servers root directory.
    Not usually .... Check with your hosting company as too the file location that you are required to upload to.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well I meant Razz' deisgnated root directory..as each host has different locations..is that not where they go..I use Doteasy and they have a designated directory which automatically log into.
    Jim

upload them to the public_html folder( if you have one)

I have a site I devellopped with WebDesigner, it now has 9 pages and when I publish it allways times out 3 or 4 times then when it finally goes it usually takes 10 to 12 minutes to upload. When I use WSFTP it uploads allways between 2-3 minutes and allways goes immediately. so I do not beleive the timing out is due to my host but due to Webdesiners way of uploading. I prefer using Webdesigner to publish because I feel it is putting everything in the right place. Is there a fix to stop the time out operation and to speed up the upload for Xara Webdesigner. If you need to check the site it is http://www.hawaiianshorescommunity.com . thank you for your time. Andre
    'I Walk SLOWWWWLY BUT NEVER WALK BACKWARDS'

Quote Originally Posted by Richoxon View Post
    upload them to the public_html folder( if you have one)
    i am useing xara webdesign and i uploaded to justhost.com i want to remove the first site i did and want to replace it.. i am new in this so please i need help what to do

Welcome kikker,

You will need to use an FTP client (such as FileZilla)and logon to you account at justhost to remove all files from your hosted space.
    justhost may also provide a web interface for file management from where you might be able to remove files.

Just checked, they have 'cPanel' available which includes a File Manager, so yes - you can remove files there.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 16 June 2009 at 09:30 PM.

FileZilla--yes, simple, free and works great.
    Phil Thompson