I appreciate all the help. Thanks!

Steve J - I have been drawing the display with Xtreme, but there is a couple fills like gravel etc, but I could get rid of those if necessary. I have a lot of bevel shading to give conical and cylindrical shading, and extruding I-beams etc. plus shadows and the like. Its not acting like it wants to work ...

David: I'm not sure as far as the "poking holes" idea. But I like it, two problems though, I don't think the program does it--i'll have to check--and second, some of the shapes are complex in that they have transparent areas within the actual shape and they have support cables that are by themselves for the grain spouts. Its kinda like the problem with stencils when you have the middle of an "o" or "p" or "b," etc.... if that helps lol.

Christine: Not a bad idea, I had been playing with it too, making the background the same so you just wouldn't notice a change. The problem arises, is that the background changes. If you can visualize a grain elevator from a top view with a little bit of angle is that the grain spouts are over the conveyors, and sometimes a conveyor might be under a spout, other times it won't be drawn in because it isn't running. So i haven't figured out a way because of the different combination of possible backgrounds.

Jon: I unfortunately can't use that format like Steve J said -- thanks Steve