Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
The addition of the web features does not take away from what xara already has. Sorry but good luck.
Actually, the point is that, for non web designers, little, of note, has been added for quite some time now. Sure there have been more tweaks, but from my point of view these have made almost no impact. The 3D extrude is nice, if limited, the object gallery is long overdue and very good, but these amount to small beans as far as I am concerned.

Where are the floodfills, the (proper) masks, the natural media brushes, mesh fills, mesh distort, extrude along a line, live vector effects, actions, (I'm sure others can think of much more)? A lot of this stuff is fast becoming standard in vector software. For vector illustration, Xtreme is leading the way in speed and lagging behind in most other aspects. Even then the above mentioned productivity improving tools really eat in that advantage.

Personally, I think the shape editor is vector graphics best tool for clean linework (which is 90% of what I do in the program), though this is not a universal view, it is an added draw for me and I will use it for linework until something better comes along, but I would be reluctant to create large and complex full colour work in Xtreme (I have tried), regardless of it's speed.