Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
Derek, if you're unhappy with a DualCore 2GB machine, I really don't know what to say. Win 7 is really responsive on my laptop and I have a similar spec to you. Your graphics card may be the culprit, so it may just be a question of reigning back some of the graphics features of Win 7 (Vista). That said, windows XP is a great OS.

Paul
It's not that it crawls along, in fact it operates well enough to use perfectly well, unlike our Vista laptop, I just hate that blue circle thing that’s often there when I ask it to do something and once again I wonder how happy I'd feel if I'd forked out a bucket load of cash and found I had in effect bought myself a lower spec. computer.
I'm assuming more ram and a newer CPU, which for me means a new motherboard as well, would get it up to speed but of course that’s more expense and what am I getting that I don't have already albeit in the guise of an old fashioned looking OS.

Given that W7 is in effect free at the moment I am going to persevere and make a decision when its finally released or perhaps when SP1 is released subsequently.
Derek