Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Links in Flash files?

Good evening,
    I've been watching the forums here for quite a few weeks and just now hopped on the bandwagon. I've found quite a few answers here to some questions I had, but have a bunch more I'll have to ask! Just a little background -- started out with Frontpage years ago, then recently upgraded to Expression Web. I QUICKLY found out that wasn't for me. I, like I read many others here, am not at all "HTML code knowledgeable". Found Xara recently and absolutely love it! Have a website up and going already.
    -----------
    Anyway, my problem: I'm having trouble linking anywhere from a flash file. I've created a placeholder in a regular html file and linked it to the actual flash file. In my attached files (this is strictly an EXAMPLE file) the placeholder in Flash_link_example.web is linked to the example.swf. "Page 1" is supposed to be linked to Xara.com (again, for example use). In Xara's preview, it links fine, but when exported, the link cursor (finger/hand) appears, but when clicked doesn't go anywhere.
    Thanks for any help!

(I exported the .web file, then placed the .swf under the index_htm_files and viewed the page in IE and FF.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Links in Flash files?

Got the same issue (using IE8 and FF3). What you could do is place a rectangle on top of your placeholder/flash file, giving it a transparency of 99.5% and linking this object to a website. That should work.

Yes that should work, however the way the Flash file works it won't. Everything whirls around for several seconds, then the links pop up. To add 'regular' links would of course mean they would be there immediately, while they're supposed to really delay for several seconds. Hope that makes sense!

I also tried putting additional placeholders on top linked to separate Flash files (that would be delayed) that link. Same result, works perfect with Xara's preview, but not on export.

Thanks!

Sorry, but I don't know what could be causing that...

Default Got it!

I got it finally. I was trying to link it by the website's "hierarchy", i.e. linking to "index_htm_files/flash.swf" as I did to several other times.
    Instead I linked to its url, i.e. "www.----.com/index_htm_files/flash.swf"

My mistake, works just fine now!