Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: XX5 - Woooo! Another Let Down

Look at it the other way - maybe you are just fanboys accepting anything the company offers?
    If it wasn't for the people who "want more", we would still use MS Paint.

As for my views, I've written enough of them earlier. The whole idea of taking more web design into Xara products simply doesn't seem compatible with the usual moves designers make. Xara Web Designer is at this point of development when it's not enough for some people and it's too much for others.
    Besides...how many of you really are web designers? I guess when it comes to raster, raster designers should shout.. when it comes to vector tools, vector designers should shout (and they shout - and come on, you can see what they are saying: too little of change this time when it comes to vector tools), when it comes to making Xara more into web design, web designers should shout... and we shout. Let people have their say. Another thing is that there are many different methodologies for web design. As for me.. well, I wrote about it earlier - I am NOT interested in poor, simplistic HTML mouse over stuff... this is not contemporary web design.

Someone wrote somewhere else in this forum that this is for people who don't have advanced technical knowledge about building web sites... well... they won't have this knowledge with new Xara Web Designer or Xara 5 or 6 or any other tool... it comes with time and practice.. you either go into the web designing business "all the way" or stop pretending. Simplistic tools only make the Internet worse because of low quality (I mean technical - programming quality) - such tools as Web Designer promote "one click web site creation". And the industry ends up with self-made poor stuff... someone else mentioned the economic reasons for such development, or such direction.. and you know what - this distorts the industry and the web design market as well... and might turn out the opposite. This is probably why Photoshop and its CS web design collection is so expensive (I guess if Xara was taken over by Adobe it would not be 100 pounds but 500 or so). But this is a deeper discussion I guess. Let's not make such a big offtopic here.

And... I don't need the changes which are offered to me with "5"... or let's say - these changes are not enough for me to call the new version a "5"...

That's all, nothing else. Can you just take such views into consideration without going personal? Nothing personal here, we love Xara like you do! It might be the situation here that this is the moment when Xara is beginning to be "for everything".. and there's this danger that it might end up being for nothing and for no one.

My final thoughts:
    Xara Xtreme should come out with number 5 like in 2-3 months with more vector tools and Xara Web Designer should have been more thought over so that it's "Xara for web" and not a customization studio for everyone (meaning "for no one"). Generally good thinking but much worse implementation of the idea which was supposed to bring commercial success.

EDIT (I don't want to create numerous posts):

haakoo.. well.. I don't know JA, I've only been a few times here but I remember times when I was completely ****ed at something (very often it was CorelDraw when suddenly it turned out it wasn't a good choice for a web designer).
    I can't agree with living with what is offered to me. If I have a forum where I can express my dissatisfaction, I will use it.
    Last edited by Sponsi; 06 June 2009 at 02:07 PM.