Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This guy is a whinner. Nothing is ever good enough. Let him calm down, grow up and pway nice, Or we just feed him cheese to go with his whine.

Oh... and just for Ed... I am still out by the henweigh... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif If you where any good at using the net you will find that I don't hide behind a handle and if you were really interested you could probably find my house.
    IP

RH
    I admit, it I'm stupid, if only because I don't know what a 'mind numb robot', is.

"While other companies like Metatools and even Alienskin skyrocket to the top, Xara has a fatal flaw when users first use the product....and not a single person here knows it."

If no one but you knows it then by definition the problem seems to be with you.
    Xara's problem in getting to the top in 'the graphics world' is down to rather more than calling toolbars, control bars.

I agree with Risto, try drawing a picture, it's more fun than trying to figure out the control bars (sorry, toolbars).

I didn't address your 33 step reply because I couldn't quite make out what you were banging on about. I just tried pressing F1 in Xara and typing CUSTOMI(S)ING and I got 'cutomise control bars' which seemed to explain it fine, where is the problem.
    (This problem of yours seems very simlilar to your rant in another post regarding your trouble changing the page colour; dragging a colour onto the page while holding control is tricky).
    Press F1 and search for edit toolbars in CorelDraw and see what you get, don't forget, some 'toolbars' are called 'command bars' in CorelDraw, which can be confusing for new users, 'mindnumbrobots' have been known to manage.
    Your problem seems to be that you don't like the Control Bar nomenclature but as it's always been like that and I doubt anyone else even noticed, again thats your problem.

I don't remember ever pressing F1 before; it's been a new experience.

Good luck.
    derek
    IP

2RH
    The bad dancer is disturbed always by his own balls http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    IP

I must say the help file is lousy, but spending 30 minutes on watching the movies, which is the same time that would take anyone to read through the help file, will make you hit the road. Not forgetting that this forum is the best help altogether with Gary's tutorials.

I've tried contacting Macromedia regarding Freehand MXa, since I need to work with Macintosh.... guess what, no reply even on the phone, eventhough my company has a multiple liscenses for about +20 computers, I've even called them on the phone, - no reply! So that's how big companies treat their costumers.

you should notice how many replies you get from this forum - something you will not get from any other company
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Rh -- Rm here. If your underlying point is that in some respects using Xara can be frustrating then you have my sympathy. All of us as software users have experienced the frustrations of not being able to figure out how to do something we know should be really easy to do.

With regards to that kind of frustration, I have found Xara's programs remarkably frustration free. (I sometimes pull my hair out trying to make sense of autocad!) You say you have been using Xara products for eight years -- has the frustration over your toolbars been building up for that long? Like a volcano it has finally erupted with frustration manifesting itself as anger towards the Xara Gods? Now that the pressure has been vented perhaps you'll get another eight years out of the software.

You should see from the replies that you seem to be the only one who thinks that custom toolbars are a priority for new trial users of the program. The "fatal flaw" as you call it. I seriously doubt anyone has ever thought: "I really love this powerful program except because buttons aren't where I think they should be and I can't figure out how I'm supposed to move them, I'll pass on the purchase even though it is very reasonably priced".

Let's move on. RH have you posted any of your xara work?

Regards, Ross
    IP

"RH have you posted any of your xara work?" - Ross

I went looking last night and could not find anything he has submitted.
    IP

Originally posted by Availor:
    I must say the help file is lousy,[/b]
    And I must say that the help file isn't lousy, but very, very smart, because I (with my terrible poor english)learned and mastered XaraX about two days, not more! And where are the difficulties? Press ALT an drag-n-drop any buttons where you want - is it too hard now? Probably I don't understand something, sorry...
    IP

I think RH is a professional whiner. Until we all got tired of his whining...
    IP

rh, you mentioned watching the movies... In the Xara website there is a movie regarding customizing toolbars, and all the movies one needs to get aquinted with the program.

And besides, EVERY single software's buttons can be moved using the ALT key (even MS word), so there is no thinking about what key combination you sould do to add/remove buttons.
    It's as obvious as the little X indicating you want to close the window.
    IP

One question RH you are so filled with facts where do youcome up with the figure 99.9%? so am i to assume that i am the .1% that has no problem? did 99.9% of new users say Hey RH you are right we wont buy this great program because the oolbars control bars cant be customized? come on stop already you proved that you can find in the help how to customize the toolbar/ control bar in your last rant where you typed customize and the word clearly came up. yoolbar/controlbar (what ever you want to call it) anyone that can read would go hmmm customize hey it says toolbar/controlbar thats it wow it was even the 1st choice that is great. so stop saying 99.9% of new users unless you have data that says it.
    if you dont like Xara then dont use it. like i said in a previous response i am a new user and do not agree with your statements at all. and i dont think well i know your "answer" to the "problem" as you see it is not going to make sales sky rocket. Marketing will and when Xara is ready to market Xara full force then sales will sky rocket. they are doing the smart approach to marketing. so enough alrady. either use the product dont use the product, its up to you. but slamming a program in a forum run by the company that makes the program what did you expect for replies? you didnt ask a question you started the thread by complaining and slamming. \\
    all you had to say was Help needed. how do i customize the toolbars and you would have all kind of answers. ok steppig down from my soap box
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com
    IP