Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: vertical text

Default Re: vertical text

SNOOPY DANCE thats just what I was looking for

You certainly get your money's worth here.

I was certain I posted this last night, but I'll have another go.
    Another vertical button attempt. These things are becoming quite addictive.
    I have attached the .xar file so you can pull it to pieces if you wish.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vertical button.png 
Views:	213 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	61325  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks Bob,

that is a pretty nice one.
    Juergen

Wow, iamtheblues - that is really super! You definitely are the man of the hour of the vertical button! I have downloaded the xar file and will shortly offer my contribution

(trying to work out how you achieved that sharp, clear, translucent effect)
    Last edited by kinetica; 24 May 2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Atrocious spelling

Here at last is my effort. I know full well I could not match let alone exceed what you have achieved there so I thought I would call in the boys from "HUMPIT & TUGGIT LTD, REMOVALS. NO JOB TOO BIG!" and get them to move it to the Xara or Graphics Gallery, it really is that good!

As you can see, they're having a little trouble and have asked if, next time, you could perhaps draw something that isn't such a huge work of art
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	removals.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	61346  

Don't they know that you should push a button, not pull it?
    That's a great cartoon. The wall is great, just a few bricks, but it works so well.
    Thanks for your comments guys, now you're making me blush.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

very nice cartoon David

think you said you draw on paper and scan - was the line-work inked on paper?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you Steve J

Yes, I loosely sketch on any scrap of paper and then line draw the image.Then I scan in at 600dpi with levels adjusted accordingly. The high dpi of the scan is so that the bitmap tracer has something to get its teeth into. Then I spit the traced image apart and tidy it up significantly (and try to reduce its file size). Then comes the enjoyable bit, the colouring in

Seriously though, Bob. That is a great image. I think the problem most people, myself very much included, have is that it's easy enough to draw something that good when presented with the XAR file or some tutorial. But then it comes to the point that somebody asks "can you do this?" and you just do it. The techniques that you have learnt/taught yourself stay with you and you begin to apply them to all sorts of different situations. I notice you sometimes have done tutorials. I shall have to pay more attention to them next time

Oh, and your comment about the brick wall? It's an old cartoon trick. I think I must have picked it up when I was reading Buster! as a child. I can't take credit for that I'm afraid. I hope you didn't mind me using your image in my cartoon. It was a bit of a cheek, I know, but I felt the situation merited it!

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica View Post
    I hope you didn't mind me using your image in my cartoon. It was a bit of a cheek, I know, but I felt the situation merited it!
    But then, the quality of his image was the point. I'm glad you did, both as a big pat on the back for hBob and as an example of your equally wonderful work.