Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FIX: IE8 slow to load pages

My IE8 was taking forever [and a bit more!] to load pages. I found a fix that worked instantly from here.

For XP simply enter this - regsvr32 actxprxy.dll - in the command prompt window and 'enter'. For Vista check the link.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: FIX: IE8 slow to load pages

Interesting - thanks for the link John.

There was no problem with XWD preview by-the-way, just IE8 itself. Rarely use it, but when I needed to it was a snail
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks John.

I use IE8 extensively and had noticed that pages would not load unless I moved the mouse pointer. Most people will immediately pull the mouse away from a link when they click. I tend to hold the mouse pointer over the link after the button is released.

This fix has corrected the delay that seemed to be waiting for mouse movement.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nice one

Also found out if IE8 takes a long time to load and also to load the first page it maybe due to using Spybot and/or Spywareblaster. Apparentley IE8 has a problem with the long list of restricted sites that these programs put into IE8. When I disabled the protection in Spywareblaster and in Spybot unimmunized bam IE8 opens instantly and loads webpage instantly. Actually fixed another problem caused by this also. Windows Media Player for some reason started to take forever to completely load. The only thing that I know I changed recently was upgrading to IE8. So after I found out what was causing IE8 to load very slow checked Windows Media Player and it now opens fast again. Problem with IE8 is confirmed on the Spybot website and I also believe on the Javacool (Spywareblaster) web site.

Also heard it affect slow start up of Window Explorer and other programs
    Last edited by Millertime; 16 May 2009 at 02:46 AM.