Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to get help from support

I have emailed about a problem of the program failing 3 times and my having to re-install and re-activate and got an auto response with a ticket number.
    since then I have got back to support 3 or 4 times without result.
    Does anybody know why I cant get an explanation from support?
    For info, I have not added or changed hardware or done anything I shouldn't.
    3 times now I ghave received the message that something is wrong and I need to reinstall! Am i alone with this problem and can anybody help please. waiting nearly a week now. I am sure I must be doing something wrong but dont know what.
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Unable to get help from support

Hello Mike,

Did you disable your antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc program(s) before trying to install?

Some people have reported problems with some versions of those security programs.

If you have gotten a notice that your activations have been extended you should be able to uninstall. Reboot. Disable your security software after disconnecting from the internet. Reinstall. Reboot and reactivate your security software if it did not do so automatically during the reboot.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It's not good that you don't get a response, but it might be an idea to get a screengrab of the error and post it here, in case we can recognise the problem.

Paul

Hi Mike,
    sometimes when I have had a problem and submitted a qeary, the response is posted on the support forum on the Xara home page as well as being e-mailed to you. Maybe your antiSpam/Virus picked up the response in your person e-mail.
    Go to Xara Suppert and look for your submission or ticket #.
    Jim

Hi Mike
    I had a similar or the same problem with an error message telling me something was wrong and I had to re-install the programme. I did this 3 times and each time the error returned.
    However, I contacted the support people and they replied within a day or so and extended my activation number.
    Also, after following advice on this forum I ran a defrag programme as it was thought the swap file might have a problem. Since then I've had no more problems.
    Give that a try.

Jinker

Red face Re: Unable to get help from support

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hello Mike,

Did you disable your antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc program(s) before trying to install?

Some people have reported problems with some versions of those security programs.

If you have gotten a notice that your activations have been extended you should be able to uninstall. Reboot. Disable your security software after disconnecting from the internet. Reinstall. Reboot and reactivate your security software if it did not do so automatically during the reboot.
    Thanks for the reply Bill and others.
    I did not disable anything!
    by sheer coincidence I got a response from Support:-)
    They have increased the number of activations and I have now reinstalled and it is running good.

If/when it happens again I will follow your advice Fully.
    This is a great piece of software, I am hooked

Mike I'm glad you have it working again.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update