I unerstand your point, but my gripe is that Corel hid Xara from the public, and didn't publicise it in any way.

Problems such as European customers not being able to recive the CD, only the download, and that there hasn't been a new version since 1997 (a long time in this industry) are just a couple of gripes that I hold for the way in which Corel treted the Xara draw application. It deserved better than it got.

I do agree that back then it was probably neccessary to have strong marketing, but Corel didn't provide the answer. They DID NOT promote the product.

As for the much maligned Corel, Corel Draw was my favourite and trusted drawing package before I discovered the amazing power of Xara Studio. When they made this agreement with Xara I thought it was great, the superb software of Xara and the marketing power of Corel... wow, this product was going to fly. But as I have said, Corel hid the product away, did everything but deny it's existance and where has the deal got Xara... hardly any further forward than when they signed up with Corel (and no thanks to Corel).

Xara deserve to have the chance to promote Xara X in the way in which it should be... it's time to play a little bit of catch up (although CorelXara 2 still rules in many areas). Good luck to Xara, they need it after the way in which Corel treated them.

And that's my opinion [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

M Ward