Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is it possible to copy a flash movie from a website?

Triangle
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by triangle:
    Is it possible to copy a flash movie from a website?

Triangle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it's possible, BUT, that's "stealing."

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Fontman, I am doing a site for a local RE/MAX realtor. I am interested in copying the flash intro, that they have on thier site RE/MAX Flash. I want to modify this to meet the local realtors personal needs, basically like a template. If all of her printing i.e.; business cards,newspaper ads,signs,web publications, and so forth contain the RE/MAX logo and artwork, than how can that be stealing??? She is a represntative of their company. And to think that one webdesign outfit has exclusive rights to certain web related material would not be rational, I believe. I would appreciate your comments on this matter.

Triangle

[This message was edited by triangle on March 03, 2002 at 12:56.]
    IP

Have her obtain the original flash file, if they are willing to let her have a it.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that route.

Triangle
    IP

IP

In Windows, you can look in your "Temporary Internet Files" and sort by the web address. Find the web site you looked at where you saw the intro and copy the .swf files from that site. Search through the files (if there is more than one) and find which one is the intro. You might even be able to import the file into your Flash program but people generally "Protect from Import". There are ways to over-ride the protection (so I hear) but that's a different story that I don't know anything about. Even if you are able to import, you will not get the sounds or actionscript in the movie.

Good luck,

Scott
    IP

Megatoon thanks, Flashsaver worked great! It saved the entire flash movie to my hardrive as a .swf movie. When I try to open this in Macromedia Flash 5 though it just plays the entire movie. Is there a way to edit this movie that anyone knows of? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Triangle
    IP

When opening an SWF file in Flash, you will only get the graphics, as seen in the movie, not the actionscript or sounds.
    IP

You can import .swf files using the standard file>import (or ctrl-r/cmd-r if you like keyboard shortcuts) and if the file isn't protected, you can probably get some of the symbols from the movie. but it won't be the same tweens and what-not that you had in the original movie. it's still best if you get the original .fla from whoever created it.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Interactive Developer
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO