Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Color Editor Box Moves Across Screen

Is that not because your taskbar is set to 'Keep the taskbar on top of all other windows' in Taskbar and Start Menu properties>>Taskbar ?

Correct. If I uncheck 'Keep the taskbar on top of all other windows' and maximize Xara, I don't get the cutoff menu labels. But then I can't get to the taskbar until I minimize my open windows, each time I have to jump back and forth to minimize first then go to the taskbar to do what ever I needed. It's one more step each time, every time. Not productive.

Hi Jim,

Does your keyboard have a Windows Logo key? It is between the ctrl and alt keys on the bottom left of my keyboard.

Hit that key and it should bring up the task bar without having to minimize other Windows.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes I do have a Windows key, and it brings up the Start Menu and Taskbar. Having the Taskbar not visible keeps the color editor from moving across the screen. I'll try it.
    Thanks.

Everyone,
    Thanks for your suggestions. I don't like using the Windows key as it brings up the start menu over the taskbar so I then have to click on a portion of the taskbar to make it visible, just one more step. If I check 'Keep the taskbar on top of all other windows' and use auto-hide, moving my cursor to the left edge of the screen brings up the taskbar only, and keeps the color editor in it's place.

WinKey+D will drop all open apps to the taskbar and show only the taskbar and desktop.
    Pressing WinKey+D again will bring all apps back up.

This 'toggle combination' is a pretty fast way to get to the desktop and task bar quickly without any clicks.