Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need Help - Internal program error 434.w.pq.an

The error 434 appeared. My screen started displaying parts of the software where it should be and parts turned grey and appeared to look smeared on the screen, like the program did not update. Hard to discribe - a messed up screen. All my files are still in thier directory. was able to close down WD and then restart. When I opened my .web file it was messed up. Closed down WD again and looked at the htm files, this time some messed up some ok.
    Restart WD, open .web file nothing shows, just a grey background, but lower righthand corner states Page 1 of 14. I hate to loose 2 weeks of work.
    Does any one have any ideas.

Dave

Default Re: Need Help - Internal program error 434.w.pq.an

Hi Dave,

I don't have a answer about the error code or if your files are recoverable.

There is a way to have a .bak file created each time you save your work.

Download XaReg .zip file from the Xara Xone shareware page. Unzip the executable to a folder on your hard drive then run the program. Place a tick in the Make .bak files checkbox.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks I'll do that. In the mean time while waiting for another answer to that error code, if there is one, I guess I'll just have to start over. It won't be the first time.
    If it helps I'm running vista home prem, 4 gig, dual proc, nvidia card. middle of the road machine. No other problems with pc or other software. This seems to be isolated to WD.

Were you working with large photographs from you camera? There have been some reports of problems when people have been using many of the images direct from the camera and not optimizing them for use on the internet.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nope - Always dump raw images into own dir and convert for web when using them for a site. (It's a old hard coder thing - make it so the pages load fast)
    Last thing I did was insert a white rectangle and made it the bottom layer.
    Funny but in the last 2 weeks I have been getting "Not reg for WEB" on WP and XP gets XAR and WEB question at startup. Read the posts on how to fix, but still no go. It's not biggy to click yes, but makes me wonder if the two programs being of the same gene pool may not play nice together. Like a minor programming xover.
    Last edited by ishkey; 28 April 2009 at 10:48 AM.

Hi Ishkey,

The "Not reg for WEB" dialog should also have a checkbox in the lower left corner to 'Do not ask...'

I find that having Web Designer registered for .WEB and Xtreme for .XAR and setting Do not Ask, work well for me.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

yep - that works great.
    I am waiting for Xara Support to get back with me. Hope it is a good answer so i can post it here for others to use if need be.