Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Stuart1980,

Nice looking site.. I see what you mean on the tiling the background looking bad. Here is a suggestion. Put a placeholder on your page and place in the placeholder html code section

<style type="text/css">body {background-attachment:fixed;}</style>

That will prevent you page background from scrolling, thus the user will never see the tiling background since the background covers the entire page until scrollled.

Hope this helps you out...
    RaZzLE
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by razzle0146 View Post
    SPut a placeholder on your page and place in the placeholder html code section...
    Or use the "Don't scroll background" tweak from the Tweakset.
    John.
    IP

Hi TG peoples,

I have just finished up a site for a client and would like your evaluations before I submit it to them... All feed back, good or bad is appreciated.

Here is the site they have now... Original Site

Here is the redesign I madeSee it here...

Thank you...
    Last edited by razzle0146; 18 April 2009 at 09:20 PM.
    RaZzLE
    IP

$49,500 for a 3 bed house?!!!
    IP

I have to say it's not a favourite of mine - way too cartoony with gimicks and in your face colours. It was also pretty slow to load. I'd like it to look much more businesslike.

This is the kind of style I'd expect from a realty site: http://www.homesalessandiego.com/nor...land/santaluz/ .

Paul
    IP

Paul,

That is very understandable, but you have to realize that this is for a small realty company from a town of 4000 people. It's not a huge real estate company, but I do value your opinion on the graphics. I may change it to a more professional look, I was just trying something out of the norm.

This is what they currently have... Original Site

Thank you...
    RaZzLE
    IP

I don't think size is an issue for this task, just building a professional image to give customers confidence they are dealing with a reputable company.
    IP

You're clearly having fun with WD, so don't stop because that's exactly what WD was designed for - to have fun and enjoy the process.
    What you have done for Ace Realty is to turn their shocking excuse of a website into one that now looks like a High School IT class project.
    Yes ok, that probably is a little harsh, I do think you are on the right track, but again there are too many idea's competing on the one page. Is not the purpose of a web page 'the content' ? You may be focusing more on the 'appearance' at the expense of the content, there's no balance.
    What is the reason to have a Contact Form and then an Email Us mailto: link? Surely one or the other should suffice?
    The Listings page is uncomfortable for me to view, I'd prefer more white space in the l/r margins - I don't like the idea of alternating the thumbnail images between left and right for each listing. Also, when I clicked a thumbnail I was expecting a popup large image? Did you consider using popups?
    I agree with Paul that a more business-like design would be preferable.
    Graphic objects need shrinking and with the exception of the Contact Forum, text is too large.
    It's not a site I'd stay at for more than a few seconds, I'd go elsewhere.
    IP

Thank you all for your input. I am going to take your advice and start over. By the way though. I did ot create the listings page, that was pre created by another company. I have created everything besides that, but I agree, it is not business like. I am going to start over and repost with new design.

Sledger,
    What do you mean when you say "too many idea's competing", I don't understand that and need to as every page I create, I get that response. I am not sure what i'm doing to make it look that way and want to understand, so I can change it.

Again, Thank you..
    RaZzLE
    IP

Hi razzle0146

Looks like they have not given you much copy to work with. Maybe you could add things like maps of the area, details on local facilities, road and rail links, shopping centres, recreation etc. sell the location

Drwyd
    IP