Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Are all WD's features avilable in Xtreme?

I have had a quick play with xtreme basic's web design features and I am impressed, xtreme is quite the bundle of goodies. And it made me wonder... these web features of xtreme... does xtreme incorporate all of Web Designer?

If not, how are they different?

Unless otherwise stated, I will assume any replies are referring to xtreme basic.

Default Re: Are all WD's features avilable in Xtreme?

No Web Designer is a new program that builds on the html export function in Xtreme 4.0.

It is highly probable that the next version of Xtreme will have the same features as Web Designer....at least the Pro version.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Soquili, I'll download a trial.

Since I have a few questions about all these versions of programs, I hope it's ok to keep asking away in this thread?....

• Has a date of a new xtreme been pencilled in?

• Do xara do a free upgrade if you've bought the program in the last x-number of days?

• Can I upgrade from xtreme basic to xtreme pro and just pay the difference?

• And how much are xara upgrades, generally - a half of the new price or something along those lines?

• And here's a biggie... (sorry about this!) what are the advantages of Pro over xtreme junior, or/and what is the magnitude of that difference?

The reason for all these questions is that I don't know whether to buy xtreme or xtreme pro, and possibly WDesigner in addition.

thanks one or all!
    Last edited by Splodger; 15 April 2009 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splodger View Post
    [*]Has a date of a new xtreme been pencilled in?
    Only Xara/Magix would know this
    TalkGraphics is run by the members and a team of member moderators rather than Xara staff.
    (Though Some Xara devs and staff do visit. Covoxer (WD html export developer) has been very active and helpful in the WD forum since the release, a real asset to the forum )

[*]Do xara do a free upgrade if you've bought the program in the last x-number of days?
    Again, this will be up to Xara/Magix (Magix are the parent company)

[*]Can I upgrade from xtreme basic to xtreme pro and just pay the difference?
    In the past there have been upgrade discounts, I doubt this will change.
    See here
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/upgrade

[*]And how are xara upgrades, generally - a half of the new price or something along those lines?
    Again, the pricing will be announced by Xara when the release is announced.
    Previously there have been discounts for the upgrade path, so it's reasonable to assume that this will be similarly offered for the next version of Xtreme.

[*]And here's a biggie... (sorry about this!) what are the advantages of Pro over xtreme junior, or/and what is the magnitude of that difference?
    Xtreme and Xtreme Pro share all the common tools, Pro offers many extras.
    You can compare the versions here;
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/features/

The reason for all these questions is that I don't know whether to buy xtreme or xtreme pro, and possibly WDesigner in addition.
    Many Xara users find themselves purchasing most of the Xara applications as they find them such good value, easy to learn and can produce excellent results much sooner than trying with other software.

Thanks for your time, sledger.

Looking at that features list, it seems as though most features are common to both - the Pro version having those six 'General' and two 'Photo' extras; which to clumsily summarise, are file type/quality and colour features (?)

Being new to this graphics game, I doubt I'll be needing those just yet, but I've also no doubt that I'll want to upgrade sooner or later, and it looks from that link that upgrading is easy enough - and they look like great prices in dollars, and still decent enough in pounds.

Do xara do a free upgrade if you've bought the program in the last x-number of days?
    In addition to the answer Sledger has given, I can say that, yes, Xara usually offers a very reasonable so-called "Period of Grace". This PoG is the period between the latest version's launch date and xx days (usual several weeks) prior to this date.

For example:
    Xara launched Xtreme 4 on April 2nd 2008.
    Xara users who bought Xtreme 3.2 somewhere between February 20th and April 2nd could upgrade to V4 for free.

Hope this helps.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga