Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

Jeff,

Excellent designs for your sites. They are very professional looking.
    IP

Thanks Ladybug and Tom.

I have been impressed with the ease of the WD, I have used quite a bit of other software out there, but never felt I had enough control to do my thing.

Most of my sites run php/mysql, so I really only plan to use the WD to create my template, then I can get into the script to run my php.

I am also looking to understand better how I can use the "Flyspeck" software a little easier with the WD.

I have a number of clients websites that I have added the Flyspeck script to, but I have not simplified the 2 together yet. I prefer to create the sites and turn over the updating to the client.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Show us your sites!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffafd View Post
    I am also looking to understand better how I can use the "Flyspeck" software a little easier with the WD.
    I've never come across Flyspeck before. Looks like a great tool. I can't see it working very well with a clean export from XWD due to the way text is exported as separate lines within their own DIVs.

Nice sites by the way, very clean and well presented.

Rich
    IP

Rich,

Flyspeck is a great tool, it does have a couple of quirks but overall works pretty well.

I am doing some testing with it combined with WD and will post my findings shortly.

Thanks for the nice words.
    IP

This looks like a very cool tool. I will be waiting to see how well this works and hope to learn from you if it does. Thanks for sharing!
    IP

So I don't think I posted this yet. I just put this one live tonight.

I didn't do the site in Web Designer, but I did the Flash Intro with it and used covoxer's tweak to make the next page load automatically. I'm sure there are better ways overall to accomplish this. I have Swishmax, but it didn't want to launch on the machine for some reason and I wanted to get it done, so I figured I'd give XWD a whirl at this part. The rest of the site, the graphics were done with xara xtreme and the coding was done using MS Expression Web, straight html/css with a little bit o java.

If I had XWD at the time I contracted this site, it would have been WAY faster and the results the same (or maybe better).

Check it here: http://www.dogmadogcare.com
    IP

I'm currently working on 3 sites with XWD but this one is pretty much done:
    http://www.marciles.com
    Comments are welcome!
    IP

Jim
    Excellent design and layout. The only things and this is minor. Maybe have the tabs closer to the pictures? Where it says "For the wedding of your dreams", and move that slogan to the top? Just a suggestion. Your layout works great the way it is. Very clean and functional.

Tom
    IP

Camelot217,
    I tried it, and I agree that the tabs would work better closer to the photos. But the tabs mouse-off state is the same as the background color so one would have to change, and one change leads to another and another. You know how that goes
    But, the dress icons are clickable to the same pages as the tabs (and I've already been paid) so I think it's finished!
    IP

I've been using XWD for a couple of weeks and I love it, i've been using netobjects fusion for a couple of years and although it can do a lot of things XWD can't, it's a lot much difficult to use and can be very unstable and buggy. Any way, my first XWD site.
    IP