Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Search for Text on Page - is there a Script?

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Is that in a browser or in XWD?
    In XWD editing mode (not preview).

It only becomes a graphic when you export, this way it is still editable.

I don't think that is the point. If it is a text object with no effects or not grouped, then it should be exported as text and be recognized as text by the browser.

So, I can only conclude that the "text" in question is either corrupted somehow or we're overlooking a method of how to identify why the text is being handled differently when exported.

Sorry, thought you had it grouped. Just downloaded it and had a look and it does seem odd. Over on the left you have (orb) which doesn't show the text bar when previewing, yet directly below you have Gould which does, and I can't any difference between the two! I'll have a good look though to see if I can find anything.

What I have discovered is that WD is treating the ones that don't have a text bar when hovering over them as .png files. Did you at any time group them, say to move them, then save and then perhaps ungroup them?

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    ... Did you at any time group them, say to move them, then save and then perhaps ungroup them?
    It is possible. I imported the PDF when I first installed XWD and I had to do a lot of edits. It was a while ago, so I can't recall specifically what was done to get to the point you now see.

I'm not sure (may be John will confirm) but if you save a grouped text (which will save as an image), I think it stays as an image even if you ungroup it.