Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webstyle 5

Hello, is there going to be a Webstyle 5 and when will it be released?

Hi.

There are no plans for a Webstyle 5 I'm afraid.

However, customer research has shown that most people desire more templates rather than new (potentially unwanted) features. So we will probably release some more optional template packs in the future.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Well, are there at least any plans to fix the problem a lot of people are having editing? I had previously used Webstyle 4 in Windows XP Pro, but now it just won't let me edit anything. All the buttons are grayed-out.

I would like to see more web temp's on your free updates, i really thought there would be more of a slection

Agree... I expected to get more template updates (FREE) instead of charging per templ.

rhinodan, it sounds as if you have a problem with your copy. That's not a problem with Webstyle as a whole. I suggest contact Xara support. Although it sounds as if you could have copied your templates between installations, which you can't do due to security issues.

Free templates, the software comes with hundreds of template as standard. But we always give some free away each time.

Regarding my comments about no Webstyle 5... I wasn't very clear.

We are working on Webstyle right now, but it may be a 4.1 release -- i.e. an update to Webstlyle 4 rather than a major new release.

But that could very well go into version 5, but that all depends on how things develop with the package, what we do to it etc.

So in summary, we are working on Webstyle... it's just too early to say at the moment what will be changed or when it'll be released.

Sorry for any potential confusion.

Do you know is there some rumors http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif about converting templates into css(div/span) style better than table layouts ? or some support for programing ... i describe some problem with sessions in php and navbars ... in separated thread here ... so i have found some way to solve this problem but is not so good and fast way ... and no reply from xara support http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I'm using XWS for making "template" for my php scripts but i think css version of all templates should be usefull not just for me http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I just caught this thread - a pity that you're not planning on a new major release. The concept here is excellent, and with a bit more tweaking and feature enhancement, the power could be increased tremendously.

Maybe I'm missing something here (I am, admittedly, a new user of Xara products), but I'd think that it nice if it were feasible to easily create completely new templates from within Webstyle - with new elements, new combinations of elements, etc. Is this something easy to do that I just haven't learned yet?

Also - I've been working with a template this evening, and just customized the text in a paragraph heading graphic on a page. I was hoping to use it a few times on the page, with different text in each instance, but I haven't seen a way to do this yet! I can copy and paste the Webstyle-generated graphic multiple times in Dreamweaver, but of course all the instances point to the single Webstyle-managed graphic in the folder created by Webstyle. So a change to any instance changes the text for all of them. I haven't found the "save as" functionality that will let me create multiples of the same graphic and still have the ability to let Webstyle edit each of them. Maybe that's just learning curve, though...

Also: - I have to agree with Kether - CSS layers would be great.

- Jon

OK...answered my own question!

Kept thinking about this last night, and wound up giving it a try again at about 2:00am. Turns out to be incredibly easy - kudos to the Xara team.

My problem was that I was trying to modify the single instance of a graphic in a page template. Instead, once the page template has been tweaked to establish look & feel, I only have to go back and edit the individual "saved" header, and then I can save as many copies of it as I like within Webstyle, changing the text and creating as many variants as needed. Works like a charm.

- Jon