Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wren Field

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Wren Field

The style suits the content very well. Well drawn and great colour & composition choices. Change your name to Nancy Audubon!

I find the size & stroked boldness of your "signature" a bit too strong relative to the image. In other words, the signature dominates a bit too much in my opinion.

Regards, Ross

Thank you Ross. I ususally fade my signature out tilll it's very pale. Not sure why I didn't this time around. Will work on it.

Nice work, well done.

Most lovely. Almost like a watercolor. And I am glad to see someone else uses a script font for a signature.

Thank you Katz and Gary.

I made .psp signature that I use all the time in PSPXI. In XX I looked for something that was similar to it as importing the psp or psd version does not look good in Xara if you have to resize. I try other scripts every so often but I always come back to this style. Must say something about me.

Beautiful colours here and very nice "simple 2d" look Mixing softer elements (feather effect, green gradient fills) with flat shapes can be a bit problematic but in this case everything fits together... no problem with signature here either - border area is big enough for it. I really like this one, probably even more now than on the first look
    Idea: How about using lighter colour than black (brown?) for outline of the white flower?

Wow, you have good eyes. I had to open the file to see what color it really was, lol. The big flower had a dark green outline and the bud had black. I kept outlines on some of the objects to give them emphasis but I will try your suggestion to see what it looks like.

I did print this one out to test it and plan on printing a bigger version of it for framing but my printer isn't big enough and they won't put my watercolor paper through the laser printer at the nearby store. He said something about 'fire'

Oh, I meant to say that when I printed it out, the colors were printer colors and it actually looks even better. I was surprised.

I like bird and flower drawings Wren Field. Yours looks great.

Thank you very much Gray, appreciate you taking the time to look and comment.

i love it!
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.