Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Retaining FTP settings

Having successfully published a trial site, I went back to republish after making a modification and found that there appears to be no way of having your computer remembering the username site name amd password. It is necessary to renter each time.

Or am I missing something
    IP

Default Re: Retaining FTP settings

I take it all back, when I tried it again the settings were all there. Magic I think.
    IP

I have noticed when exporting to webdav folders that until you save the XWD project, it will export to the last saved export setting.
    IP

Hello WillieN and Zumvalt,

Welcome to Talkgraphics and Web Designer.

I believe the FTP settings are retained to assist in publishing updates. If you create a website using Web Designer for a client and transfer maintaining the site to your client. The client can purchase a very affordable license for Web Designer and you could establish the FTP login information for them. Now the client can edit the content and FTP the update to their website without having to remember or lookup the login information.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Future updates to WD may include the option to save FTP detail on a 'per-site' basis. The details may be optionally saved as part of each .web file.
    This will assist in making sure you don't update the wrong site by accident and also will help with collaboration and to allow for a unique FTP user login to be established for each collaborator.
    IP