Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Another Newbie

Default Another Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I'm Alan. I've been lurking and learning (or trying to) the last few weeks. I recieved the Xara Extreme CD yesterday in the mail.
    I'm not new to computers or the Internet (started using computers in 1979), but graphics has never been one of my strong points. I guess you are never to old to learn though and xara seems to be the best to start with.
    I'm mainly interested in web graphics at this time, and have been using the Gimp off and on for a while, not the easiest software to get your head around.
    I hope to learn from the many talented people here and maybe share some of my computer knowledge in return.

Alan

Default Re: Another Newbie

Welcome to the TG forums Alan,

Xara Xtreme is one of the best graphics apps' for newcomers to the genre.
    Unlike the Gimp or PhotoShop, Xtreme is primarily a Vector Illustrator (paths not pixels), though dealing with bitmap images has always been one of it's strong tricks too. Now that you have the latest version of Xtreme, you have a whole host of additional bitmap features which certainly does make Xtreme quite competitive in the Graphics apps market.
    The newly introduced HTML export feature (in version 4 only) has made it a winner with many newcomers to web page design also.

I'm sure you'll have Xtreme fun

Bakersfield. I remember the Renagades (the local community college football team) and that stadium and the two story high hatchet which waved back and forth frequently in 1962 when Santa Monica College played Bakersfield.

Welcome to TalkGraphics and Xara Xtreme.

Hi Alan,

Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom and speak up.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update