Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Xara: Improvements????

It's obvious to me that you don't like Xara Xtreme, so my advice is to you is: use some other drawing program.
    Charlie

Time to calm things down? David is entitled to his opinions and ideas. We go through this same seemingly inevitable sequence again and again; a newcomer suggests "improvements", and some members try to give advice or discuss the ideas, then there is the slow build of antipathy until the thread gets locked.

Deja vu anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMyWords View Post
    Time to calm things down? David is entitled to his opinions and ideas. We go through this same seemingly inevitable sequence again and again; a newcomer suggests "improvements", and some members try to give advice or discuss the ideas, then there is the slow build of antipathy until the thread gets locked.
    Deja vu anyone?
    Eh, you're right Mark, but honestly I don't understand the attitude of some new members.
    I for one when joining a new community make myself transparent: read everything, write nothing! It's that easy.
    Only after a good period of "learning" the software and the general "mood" I let hear my voice.

Deja vu!

All this for some minor points. I'm sure some here see them as minor, especially with the attitude behind them.

There is no Zen enlightened application that is everything to all. Everyone has a different use for Xtreme, and every other graphics application they might use from day to day. My use is different than David's, Gary's, Ristos, etc.

David, take the time as Giovanni suggests and get to know the community. There are some extremely talented people here! A little humility will go a long way. Me, my and I won't.

You also mentioned being an old hat at Corel. So am I. Since version 2. Gary is right about it. I'm one of those who migrated to Xtreme. I really liked Corel, but rarely use it anymore, way to sluggish. Xtreme has it's issues, but so does every application. If it doesn't suite your needs, go find one that does.

I do think making suggestions for product improvements is great and can be relevant! We all do it from time to time. Especially when we run into workflow issues we think can be improved.

So, keep making suggestions, just leave the hubris at home.

Red

Big Plan Creative - Napoleon had one . . . Einstein had one . . . Do you have one?

Yeah thanks... i will continue to put up ideas (if my profile is not deleted? i have had to re-register as i was banned by a moderator for 7 days but privately jibed that i would never be reinstated....anyway i thought he was joking)... but i will try to be more moderated in my expression of them (if im not the victim of further covert attacks...as when people take a dislike to you they tend to attack on multiple levels... i even got a message (when i was banned for 7 days) saying I QUOTE "Time to re-instatement: NEVER!"....
    (im surprised I am here now and just not "missing" never to be heard on the forum again...i Even had to reregister under another name?)

Anyway hopefully I learn something from this and with some hindsight to be honest perhaps the 7 days was not such a bad idea as it reminded me that i do tend to make off the cuff responses, post long-winded posts and can be provoked rather easily which are all things i need to work on i guess.

Someone told me to learn more about the program before critisising it...but what they dont realise probably is that the more i know the more i will find...

I think i would make a good de-bugg tester as i am built to find fault with everything i touch...
    (Good Capicinos are like hen's teeth LOL) which is partly because im unconventional in nearly everyway and tend to always stumble over issues that dont trouble many others.
    But i do pick up alot of the little things that most people put up with or just work around and forget as i am a stickler for detail.........

That reminds me someone else said you have no credibily and try actually drawing something....

So I working on something....

Hi welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt David View Post
    Someone told me to learn more about the program before critisising it...but what they dont realise probably is that the more i know the more i will find...
    that would be me I think..

I think i would make a good de-bugg tester as i am built to find fault with everything i touch...
    then you would make a terrible debug-er - for that you need perspective

anyway good to hear you are drawing, find things out you will, if you stick at it....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

...for 7 days but privately jibed that i would never be reinstated....anyway i thought he was joking)
    I daresay which member said something like this to you, but as you can see, he was obviously wrong.

...but i will try to be more moderated in my expression of them
    If the 7 days ban has caused this insight, then I'm happy and whish you a good time at TG. As Steve already said, your old account is reactivated.

Remi

I had assumed it was you....! remi~
    as the message poped up when i tried to logg in...
    IE a message said that i was banned (or words to that effect) and then another line "time to re-instatement: never......."
    Perhaps that was some kind of joke then?
    Anyway Ha Ha Ha you got me...

If not then sorry for the miss understanding....

As for you handdrawn: nice to hear from you too......
    Its nice to welcomed back by someone.... even if the terms "terrible" and "stick to it" were used in the "same breath" ....
    Its a start I guess....
    Last edited by David Hewitt; 21 January 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Yes, welcome back, David. I'm sure you can offer some positive insight and comment, but just now you aren't really doing yourself any favours.
    Just drop the past assumed persecution and concentrate on being an homogeneous member! Posting some Xara work would certainly help your cause.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yes thanks.....nice to be back.....thats what im thinking...working on something actually...my first Xara design...
    its going to be a bit slow however as i am officially on holidays now and are going to the gold coast for 10 days and my wife will keep the itinerary chokers with fun kid friendly activity....
    I also have digitizing to get done along the way so my xara design is on hold for now but anyway it is coming along.... hope to post it soonish
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 21 January 2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg