Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to combine images.

OK, with the two shapes side by side, type Alt-T, and the text dialogue should pop up, showing your shapes in sillhouette form. Position the red cursor between the two shapes, and click on the diamond button, then close the dialogue. Back in the main screen, you should now see only one shape, and if you hit PageUp, or PageDown, you can toggle between the two pages. In one of the pages, select the shape and apply a different texture. Turn off the cursor, and toggle between the pages, and you should now see the different textures.

If this still doesn't work, can you post your X3D file?

Mike

Still not getting it lol ive done what you've said im still not getting the texture right, its on both shapes
    heres how im getting it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Janiec, your X3D file is fine, you have two different shapes, and they are on different pages, and each shape can be independently selected and given different textures. It may be that you are not selecting objects correctly, just enable the cursor (a|b button), and position it to one or other side of the object with the arrow keys, then hold shift and move the cursor across the object. The object will change colour to show it is selected.

Remember that Xara3D is essentially a text application, and treats custom shapes as if they were just other characters positioned on a page, along with space characters and Carriage Return characters etc.

The shield on the first page has a Carriage Return to its left, thus forcing the shield to be on the second line. If you delete the Carriage Return the shield will centre on screen, and the texture will also centre on it. If you select the shield, you can then go to the bevel dialogue and reduce the bevelling to minimum, and the texture will fit the shield perfectly.

The t-shirt on the second page is already in the centre of the screen, and if you select the t-shirt, then you can apply a texture to it without changing anything on the other page or object. If you don't select any shape, then any change you make will apply to all objects in the file.

Mike

Thank you Mike for your time... i did manage to get there , so ive had another go with two shirts and got it right 1st time...
    Anyway thanks again youve been a big help and i couldnt have done it without your help..
    I could kiss you Ive only been trying to combine 2 together now for near on year
    Jane
    ive posted it to show you

Its me agian. I spoke too soon, ive tried the shirt and a logo this time. im getting them now to both combine but the logo texture isnt going on its missing the bottom part of the logo
    could you please take a look and tell me what i am doing wrong please.

Jane,

Try reducing the size of the logo texture to approx. 73.8% to make it fit on the vector shape. Hopefully, that will fix it right up for you.

HayTay

Jane, the texture just needs reduced in size. Select the shape, and go to the Texture dialogue. The size field should be adjusted to 74.5% to shrink the texture to fit the shape, and the Y field needs set to -1% to lower it slightly.

I note the shape has extra flamelet shapes above the torches, but the texture doesn't have any corresponding flamelets to fit it, so they will remain white.

I'm glad you got there, many people give up before getting a result.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by HayTay View Post
    Jane,

Try reducing the size of the logo texture to approx. 73.8% to make it fit on the vector shape. Hopefully, that will fix it right up for you.

HayTay
    Thank you very much it worked

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Jane, the texture just needs reduced in size. Select the shape, and go to the Texture dialogue. The size field should be adjusted to 74.5% to shrink the texture to fit the shape, and the Y field needs set to -1% to lower it slightly.

I note the shape has extra flamelet shapes above the torches, but the texture doesn't have any corresponding flamelets to fit it, so they will remain white.

I'm glad you got there, many people give up before getting a result.

Mike
    thank you very much Mike... i know what it was with the logo, i had cut a few out and must have imported the wrong texture on... but now ive finally got it right thanks to you...
    Jane