Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Just Bought Xtreme Pro

in case anybodys wondering what made me bite the bullet, ive been trying to figure out for the longest time how to close a shape that refuses to close! well today i noticed this little things at the bottom of the shape, zoomed in, and saw right away that THAT was how you can tell a shape is broken! you just heal the shape and its healed well my box should arrive soon enough

Default Re: Just Bought Xtreme Pro

What do you mean 'you just heal the shape and its healed' ?

i mean, if a shape wont fill, if you look at the shape, you will see a little node box telling you that that's the node thats broken. so you just connect the nodes together, and then the shape heals right?

Right.
    This is known as 'joining'. Whether you are joining two separate lines or a broken shape, the process is explained in the help file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joinlines.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	52801  

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Right.
    This is known as 'joining'. Whether you are joining two separate lines or a broken shape, the process is explained in the help file.
    I found this out by accident as I haven't thoroughly read the help file.

New users often benefit greatly from viewing the very instructional Xara produced tutorial videos which help you to become very familiar with the program.

http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/tutorials-demos/

I agree Steve, the Videos are very helpful for both new users and more experienced users (most folks can't remember everything). As an extra benefit, the lady who does the narration on many of the videos has a voice to drool over. They are worth watching just to hear her narration.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook