Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Navagation Bars - Selected?

Thanks. Big help!

Unfortunatly, I found that its quite useful having all the pages the same size because then the x-y coordinates match so if some of my content is the same on more than one of my pages then if I make a change to one of them, like add something, to add the same thing to the other site, all I have to do is paste it there then enter in the coordinates of the other. But if the pages are not the same size..that doesn't work...and that hurt...luckily it didn't take me too too long to fix my site..it was probably my fault..somehow something was off, I must have accidentally moved it..but I couldnt move it back because I didn't know the coordinates they should be.

ANYWAYS, alls I gotta do though is fix the page size when I go to make it public. No big deal.
    ~Spunky~

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Spunky,

To answer your question about the default .css, I don't know of any way to set it so that the file is not overwritten every time you make a change and re-export your website. What I do to get around this is; after making my changes to my default.css file, I make a copy naming it something else and keep it in the same place. Every time I re-export my site and the default.css is overwritten, I delete it and rename the copy to default.css. And then of course I recreate my copy, so that I will have it again if I make any more changes.

I hope that helps.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Alright Eric! Thanks!
    ~Spunky~

Ok.. I am having a similar problem again..but I'm not sure how to fix it in default.css...I added links on the bottom of the page for quick surfing so you dont have to scroll all way back up to get to a diff page. It's just text, no buttons or anything, and one is a link the other is not (because I havent made the page yet) and the one that is a link has a underline..I think the underline is only there while selected because the whole thing is also purple (by default which I know how to fix) but why is it underlined? I dont want it underlined..its not so bad so if it is not fixable fine but if it is great.
    ~Spunky~

Spunky, not 100 % certain but in the CSS
    a[href] * {text-decoration:underline;}
    which is the default link setting. If you remove this line from the CSS the underline should disappear.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg if you remove the line, then each browser will default to underlining text links.
    In Xtreme when 'Underline Text link' is deselected, it should change the line to read like this (but does not - bug ):

Code:
    a[href]:link {text-decoration:none;}
    This will tell browsers not to underline text links.

Cheers Steve. Not big into html / css

Code:
    a[href] {text-decoration:none}
    appears to work though.

Some more from the same source:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    A:link {text-decoration: none}
    A:visited {text-decoration: none}
    A:active {text-decoration: none}
    A:hover {text-decoration: underline overline; color: red;}
    </style>
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 25 September 2008 at 10:28 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Not sure why Xtreme throws an asterisk in there to be honest.

Your quoted source is right, but the use of <style> tags means this is when the css is entered in the head of the HTM page rather than in a default.css file.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 25 September 2008 at 10:33 PM.

Ah-ha, I see.

This works:
    Code:
    body {background-color:#ffffff; font-family:sans-serif;}
    a[href] {color:#0000ff;}
    a[href]:hover {color:#ff0000; cursor:pointer;}
    a[href]:visited {color:#800080;}
    a[href] {text-decoration:none}
    a[href]:hover {text-decoration: underline overline; color: blue;}
    div {unicode-bidi:bidi-override;}
    span {unicode-bidi:bidi-override;}
    sup {font-size:0.5em;}
    sub {font-size:0.5em;}
    As you say, don't know what the asterisk is doing there.
    Egg