Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xtreme Pro odd cropping behavior

Hello All,

Ok - so today I am using Xara and I go to crop some photos in the way I always do: double click photo to open it in Picture Editor>select crop>click-drag the area to leave after crop>click "crop">I see the cropped results in the Editor window-looks right>click the check mark icon to return to Xara>cropped image is not what was displayed in the Picture Editor but rather a zoomed version of the image at the same aspect ratio of the original image. So it's taken the cropped area I selected and magnified it so it fits the original pictures aspect ratio. NOTE I did not check the "lock aspect" box in the crop dialog.

I have not had this happen before. It now happens with any and all pictures and file types I try to crop. The only way I've been able to get what I want is to save the cropped image from within the Picture Editor as a new file. I closed and reopened Xara, and restarted my computer to no effect.

I've looked at all the preferences and don't see anything that might be causing this behavior. Any help would be much appreciated.

Scott

Default Re: Xtreme Pro odd cropping behavior

See the threads pointed to in this thread.

Default Re: Xtreme Pro odd cropping behavior

Ah-HA! I see the new Photo tool is where its at now. Very nice! Thanks,

Scott